Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
Do You Squidoo PART TWO! (Read 3572 times)
nicole_133673
artist

Do You Squidoo PART TWO!
Apr 18th, 2008, 5:02pm

For those of you that signed up for my Squidoo lens:

Would the following artists from the following stores listed below please take a minute or two to add a 1-2 sentence about your store. (or your email link if noted) I thought it might be a bit nicer if there was a description that would help a shopper find the right store faster. Don’t make it too long (no more than 2 sentences) but add anything you want like what kind of medium you work in, if you offer other languages, whatever you want just keep it simple and email it to  

Nikki@13blackcatsdesigns.com with the subject “Squidoo description” (so I can get to it right away). Only those listed should email, please don't email requests to be listed, those you can post here and I will add you that way.

This is mine for example:
13 Black Cat Designs offers fanciful illustrations for a variety of occasions. This is a good source to find Pagan inspired cards for Samhain and Winter Solstice.

Store list that needs descriptions:
Audrey's Card Store  
ARTistic Expressions ~ Designs by Donna  
Cards by Bernard  
Denise Beverly Visual Arts  
Diana's Cards—email me your email link (for instructions see below)  
Barbara's Watercolor Card Store    
Flying Horse Design —email me your email link (for instructions see below)
Harmony Gardens  
Graphic Doodles    
Imani's Cards  
Karen`s Kreations Card Shop —email me your email link (for instructions see below)
Perl's Card Store  
Red Rose Digital Art Greeting Cards    
Sandra Rose Designs —email me your email link (for instructions see below)
Sophie's Card Store  
Through the Eyes of the Spirit    
Ya Graphic Design —email me your email link (for instructions see below)

For anyone wanting to add their store to the GCU store listing on Squidoo (http://www.squidoo.com/PaperGreetingCards) I get nothing out of this as 100% of anything earned goes to the ASPCA and The Humane Society. I am doing it stricktly for publicity to our stores.

I need the following:

Smiley 1) your store link through your email link. (for the extra 50 cents) It should look something like this: (www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/store.asp?store_id=1327&gcu=419945760 18)  To get this information:  

login on GCU go to "Manage Store"  
Click on "Card Widget" under COMMUNITY  
Click on "Get HTML" tab  
Copy "Promotional Email Link"

Smiley 2) a 1-2 simple sentence about your store

Leave that information here on the board (please don’t email that to me unless you are listed in the stores above.)

The only thing I ask, and by all means it is not necessary, is that you leave a testimonial about GCU in the guest book. We want people to feel comfortable shopping with us and if we work together to rank this lens high more people will see it, the more people see it hopefully the more people come to check us out.  In the long run it will benefit us and hey it is FREE advertising so you have nothing to loose! It would be nice to see some more bulk sales come in so why not do everything we can?

Thanks to those that have left testimonials already and thanks for pulling together to get people to notice us!

« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2008, 6:41pm by nicole_133673 »  
Email   IP Logged
B. Elizabeth_131463
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: Do You Squidoo PART TWO!
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2008, 8:17pm

I just wanted to add what a great place Squidoo is to advertise your store. I have been a member for over a year and have had 8 lenses in the Top 100. You can get a lot of traffic from them. Great job Nicole for starting this lens! If anyone is interested in learning more about Squidoo I wrote a lens called:

Squidoo Tips From A Giant Squid
http://www.squidoo.com/SquidooTipsFromAGiantSquid

Thanks,
Bonnie

Email   IP Logged
Susan_Alison_132784
artist

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2008, 2:40am

How very kind of you to take the trouble!

Here's my email link:

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/store.asp?store_id=945&gcu=417 15288667

"Susan Alison is a bonified (according to her Border collies, Monty and Rosie) Border Collie artist. She resides under the paw in the UK. Her dogs reckon there's a Border Collie for every occasion - here you'll find them on the cards."

Thank you very much!

Susan

Email   IP Logged
nicole_133673
artist

Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:15pm

Thanks Susan. I have added you to the lens.

I could use and would like to add more so keep them coming!  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Liz_133634
artist

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2008, 4:25am

Thanks, Nicole .. so nice of you to do this .. not one for shameless self-promotion  Smiley, but here's my blurb ..

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/store.asp?store_id=1306&gcu=41 982323817

Star*Stock*Greetings .. Liz offers high quality, professionally photographed images and designs for all occasions.  Many cards are suitable for framing and do double duty as a sentiment and a gift!  New cards added daily and special requests are welcomed.

Email   IP Logged
nicole_133673
artist

Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2008, 3:20pm

You have been added to the lens, thanks Liz

Email   IP Logged
Susan_133684
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - Apr 25th, 2008, 6:27pm

Thanks for doing this, may I be included too? Smiley I've just started here and am slowly trying to figure things out.

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/store.asp?store_id=1332&gcu=41 998031767

"Steamtree - art cards inspired by nature and fantasy"

Email   IP Logged
nicole_133673
artist

Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2008, 4:06am

Sure Susan, I have added you to the list just now. I must say your work is unique at first I thought they were oils but seeing you are a digital effects artist I am guessing they are digital too? If you want to expand your description please feel free. You can have two sentences, just follow the link above if you want to see what some of the other artists wrote about their stores.
Anyway welcome, I have only been here for 18 days and I am learning the ropes too.

Ernestine, I got your message and added you to the list. for some reason I couldn't respond via your email link, just know I didn't forget you. If you also want to expand your description let me know

Smiley I still need an updated description for the following stores (and special store link on two)

Ya Graphic Design-need special store link
Imani's Cards
Flying Horse Design-need special store link
Barbara's Watercolor Card Store

Email   IP Logged
Susan_133684
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #8 - Apr 26th, 2008, 7:58am

Yes, everything I do is painted right on my computer.  I used to scan in a sketch first but now I don't even do that, I just do it all start to finish on my screen. I use a program called "Corel Painter" that mimics traditional media pretty well I think, and a tablet & pen. I figure customers don't really care what the media is when they're just getting a print -- all they care about is what the final image looks like! I can't really think of anything else to put on a tagline, maybe after I get some more cards done. Smiley

It's really nice that you're doing this for everyone despite being relatively new yourself! Thanks again.

Email   IP Logged
nicole_133673
artist

Reply #9 - Apr 26th, 2008, 8:58am

I have always wanted to get my hands on corel painter, maybe someday.

Take your time on that description, the one you have is fine I just thought perhaps you wanted to expand a bit and that maybe you did not know how long it could be.

Email   IP Logged
Marion_133078
artist

Reply #10 - Apr 29th, 2008, 11:24am

Thanks for this opportunity Nicole. It's so nice of you to do this.
here is my Link
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/store.asp?store_id=1056&gcu=41 807651413
Marion's Art Cards - Art cards created from my own paintings and photographs.

Email   IP Logged
nicole_133673
artist

Reply #11 - Apr 29th, 2008, 1:57pm

All added Marion! I did add one sentence though to describe your store a bit better especially for people looking for what you do

"Beautiful florals and garden themed cards for all types of occasions."

Let me know if this is ok and if not I will remove or change it.

Email   IP Logged
eugenia_131318
artist

Reply #12 - Apr 29th, 2008, 8:01pm

Squidoo virgin here - I have signed up but have done nothing with it, basically cos I'm not sure HOW it drives people to our stores - would anyone care to enlighten me PLEASE (she says with adorable puppy look)

Anyway Nicole here goes with my info:

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/store.asp?store_id=156&gcu=412 54731573

My brilliant careerSmiley began with designing for the rubber stamp market then expanded to machine embroidery and to digital scrapbooking design.
GCU is a great place for me as it allows me to design for my favourite format - THE GREETING CARD!

Thanks for the opportunity!

Email   IP Logged
Marion_133078
artist

Reply #13 - Apr 30th, 2008, 5:50am

Nicole that's fine. Thanks.

Email   IP Logged
nicole_133673
artist

Reply #14 - Apr 30th, 2008, 8:33am

Smiley Eugenia,

I added you to the list but would it be okay if you wrote the types of cards you sell? Say if I was a customer looking at the list on Squidoo and I was looking stricktly for black and white cards. I saw you only sold them by the description under your link I could immediatly go to you.

"I'm not sure HOW it drives people to our stores - would anyone care to enlighten me PLEASE (she says with adorable puppy look)"

I never could resist a sad puppydog look that is why I have so many animals that live with me  Grin

Well I am not 100% on that but I do know it is working. I have lenses (a lens is a "blog") for my main page and I do track where the traffic is coming from and sure enough Squidoo is always in the top 5. Apparently it ranks high with the search engines and as long as you keep things current it will show there. Think of it like facebook only without all of the personal information. You do have to network your lens to keep it in the forefront but free advertising is good for me so by adding a list of all our stores I benefit from having a popular lens, the humane society and ASPCA benefit from any "sales" if I were selling things on this page and all the store keepers benefit by helping me update and keep my lens current thus getting people to see the lens and in the end our stores. It also helps if the shopkeepers visit the lens every once in a while and rate it or leave a testimonial or just go there for 2 seconds to keep it popular and in the forefront. ( Tongue out of breath LOL) I join groups like in facebook and people who are interested in greeting cards, illustrations or art can see my lens easier.

Here are my other lenses. I wrote one about my website in third party format, it is basically a big old advertisement. Many people have a hard time finding Samhain cards so I wrote one for that and added my things at the top and other artists below, again free advertising.

http://www.squidoo.com/SamhainCards
http://www.squidoo.com/ChildrensIllustrations
http://www.squidoo.com/CatPhotographyandPaintings

I hope this helped a bit  Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.