You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
card sales (Read 2928 times)
cheryl_133782
Gold Member
artist

Re: card sales
Reply #15 - May 27th, 2008, 10:29pm

Thanks for more great advice Pattiann. I'll be concentrating on all the pointers given in this thread. Thanks for everyone taking the time to reply.

Cheryl

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #16 - May 27th, 2008, 10:32pm

Cheryl-

You are getting some good advice from Eugenia, Gina and PattiAnn (Hi gals!).    I think I wrote on another link about taking out the artist's note out that PattiAnn mentioned. With so many artists now on GCU it IS important to get your cards OUT THERE in the beginning.  Giving them a purpose so that they can be linked to the reminder sites is important so that they get exposure.  You have good images. . . direct them to the buyer with specific profiling.  And then, as Eugenia said, once you are "found" your other general cards will be more likely to be viewed.

And don't get so hung up on saying that you can "alter" cards to fit.  Initially folks are looking for a specific card.  Work more on key-wording and profiling.  You've only been here a month or so, but even those of us who have been here since the early days have to be more and more diligent about marketing our cards through GCU as there are more and more talented artists such as yourself.

You will have a sale soon!  Many successful artists here have waited over a month for the first sale!  

Ernestine

Email   IP Logged
eugenia_131318
artist

Reply #17 - May 27th, 2008, 10:52pm

Hi there Ernestine
Isn't it good that we can all encourage each other Cool
I see you have some new cards 192822 in particular is outstanding!!
I think you and Corrie could be crowned Keywording Queens Grin Grin Grin

Quote from Ernestine_131365 on May 27th, 2008, 10:32pm:
Cheryl-

You are getting some good advice from Eugenia, Gina and PattiAnn (Hi gals!). I think I wrote on another link about taking out the artist's note out that PattiAnn mentioned. With so many artists now on GCU it IS important to get your cards OUT THERE in the beginning. Giving them a purpose so that they can be linked to the reminder sites is important so that they get exposure. You have good images. . . direct them to the buyer with specific profiling. And then, as Eugenia said, once you are "found" your other general cards will be more likely to be viewed.

And don't get so hung up on saying that you can "alter" cards to fit. Initially folks are looking for a specific card. Work more on key-wording and profiling. You've only been here a month or so, but even those of us who have been here since the early days have to be more and more diligent about marketing our cards through GCU as there are more and more talented artists such as yourself.

You will have a sale soon! Many successful artists here have waited over a month for the first sale!

Ernestine

Email   IP Logged
cheryl_133782
Gold Member
artist

Reply #18 - May 28th, 2008, 2:00am

I've taken notice of what some of you have said about the artists notes but I wanted to ask. Where I have said if the buyer wants a different coloured background to the card they should contact me...is it best to take that out and just add another card with the same image but different background colour? The only thing with that is I can probably only add a second card as any more than two cards with the same image gets rejected....What if I want to offer the same card but in 3 or 4 different colour backgrounds? Am I being too fussy...is it not really necessary to offer that many choices? I'd like to know what you all think before I make the suggested changes so I don't have to go and do it all twice.  

Thanks

Cheryl

Email   IP Logged
Gina_133039
artist

Reply #19 - May 28th, 2008, 8:03am

Good morning... or afternoon as the case may be for you, Cheryl...  Advise on keywords and text for cards is one thing, but advise on your own creativity is another.  As an artist, and you ARE an artist, you must go with your own creative instincts and you gut when it comes to you own images.  What do you like?  What do you think?  How do you feel?  Is this what you were looking for?  These kinds of questions are, for me, essential in my images.  I have made cards from my photographs and then taken a second look and thought "ugh"... other times, it just works.  No one can give you any help on how your images make you feel.  If you don't want to put the "different color offer" in the artist notes, add another bulletin to your store, or put this information in your welcome paragraph.  Create what you like and what feels good to you... nothing is written in stone.  If you decide it's not what you were hoping it would be, you can delete it.  Everything you create (ask any artist) will not be just right.  Some images will jump at you, and then fail you when you try to make something of them.  Have confidence in yourself and your own ability.  Have a wonderful, productive day!

gina

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.