Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

approval proccess (Read 1307 times)
Laura_133629
artist

approval proccess
Apr 6th, 2008, 4:01am

Hi

Ive just joined GCU and was wondering if anyone can tell me how long cards normally take to be approved.

Thanks

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Re: approval proccess
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2008, 4:11am

Hi Laura!

Welcome to GCU.

Monday-Friday, during regular business days, it can take up to 24 hours for a card to be approved - perhaps a bit longer if there are a lot of cards submitted that day. On weekends and holidays, it may be until normal office hours resume before your cards are approved, so you may have to wait longer than 24 hours.

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Susan_Rachel_133651
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2008, 4:37am

HuhI have had one card approved in two weeks.  That one took about a week to approve, there are 17 more that haven't been approved yet, I never realized it would take so long to have them approved.  Most of mine are spring and love cards, spring will be over before this process is finished!  I think the waiting time is really long for approval of cards, is there some way to speed up this time waiting???  Very frustrating for store management and I don't see how we cans sell them if no one can see them!
Disappointed undecided

Email   IP Logged
Gina_133039
artist

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2008, 4:55am

Smiley Hi Rachel.   The first card you upload is a "freebie" and automatically approved.  The first approvals thereafter take the longest.  After this initial time, you will most likely notice the time frames that Corrie mentioned above.  Hang in there and good luck.

gina

Email   IP Logged
Jamey_133772
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2008, 9:11am

I am a newbie here and have found that approval process is taking longer then desired.  I have only 5 cards right now waiting approval, and have been waiting for a few days now.  I have to say I am a little disappointed but I suppose it takes time to make sure the content is appropriate for each card.  The people that put together this site may not have a whole lot of people to do approvals, and based on the projected revenue for them, (after observing how many cards are sold in a month) they may not have a whole lot of $ to hire people to approve.  I know it might be more annoying to us but GCU might want to consider seeking a little more advertising revenue and hire some additional people to approve.
Oddly enough, I had the idea to do what GCU is doing about a year ago and never got around to starting my site until about a month ago.  I found GCU and decided to stop trying to put together my site.  (I would rather get back into art anyway and just be on the end of submitting my artwork rather than running a site).  You guys should consider yourselves lucky to find GCU early.  If this type of selling your artwork gets more popular.  GCU may want to limit how many cards a user can have in their store, and you may be lucky enough not to have to deal with that restriction being early users.  Who knows what other restrictions will apply due to unforeseen circumstances in the future.  Have fun selling your artwork and knowing that people out there are enjoying seeing your stuff when you sell a card.

Email   IP Logged
Marion_133078
artist

Reply #5 - Apr 28th, 2008, 12:37pm

I've been quite impressed with the approval times. Normally I submit the cards here in the Uk morning or afternoon and the next morning they are approved. Only once - last week - did it seem to take a few days to approve. I also once had it where some were approved and a few were left pending. I wondered if there was something amiss but they were approved the next day.
Obviously I don't know how the approval process works, but it might be handy to have an 'under review' status to show that they are being considered - i.e. looked at by an approver but something still needs to be decided?

Email   IP Logged
Delores_132508
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Apr 28th, 2008, 4:02pm

My own experience has been that approval comes very fast -- usually with two or three days.  Many times, I receive approval the following day after submission.  Once, when a weekend was involved, it took a little longer but not much.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.