Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Betrothal Greeting Cards (Read 2498 times)
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Betrothal Greeting Cards
Apr 2nd, 2008, 7:41pm

A shopper has asked for cards with the following text on the front of the card: "Happy Betrothal".  If possible they would like the inner verse to include a message about the importance of betrothal.  

Betrothal is a formal state of engagement to be married.  For more info click here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betrothal

These cards can be added to the Occasions » Congratulations » Engagement category.  

Email   IP Logged
Gina_133039
artist

Re: Betrothal Greeting Cards
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2008, 8:18pm

Smiley I gave this one a shot and have one pending... thanks for the tip...

gina

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2008, 8:35pm

I have several waiting Smiley

Email   IP Logged
_132335
artist

Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2008, 2:39am

Hi Shaun,
I've got a few pending for this category too Smiley

Thanks

Big Huggs
/Inge Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Harry_132595
artist

Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2008, 2:46am

OK this is a little bit off topic, a little bit on, and I admit it's a bit early here ...
but when I saw this topic in my e-mail at 5AM ... at first I thought it said ..

A new topic: Brothel Greeting Cards  

Well of course I shook my head and did a double take ... then I had a really good laugh at myself.  I mean I do think some of the specific categories you say folks are looking for get really, really, silly but I thought Brothel Greeting Cards were a tad over the top.

Now that I realize it says Betrothal which, while related in some aspects, is a completely different thing, I do have some real questions.

I don't think I've ever seen a Betrothal Greeting Card before and I was wondering what is the correct way of wording that?  "Happy Betrothal" sure doesn't sound like it and there is that whole thing about you do not congratulate the Bride.  It's congrats to the Groom and best wishes to the Bride, right?  Is there the same sort of etiquette distinction for the Betrothal?  Should there be separate male and female cards ... or should they all be couple cards?

In my mind this is an instance where I would get a blank card and try to write something thoughtful and personal.  Ya know, a from the heart kinda thing.  But then again ... I was the goof who wrote a poem for my nephew and neice to include with my RSVP for their wedding.  I'd love to put that in a card, it would be perfect for a betrothal, but it is too many characters for the inside of your cards and I don't think long verse makes a good front image for a card.  It would be nice to be able to lay it out as an inside image on the left side of a card ... hint hint hint???

My Chinese "love" cards would be nice cards for a betrothal.  Would it be wrong to recategorize some of those?  Or use the same cards in that category?

I dunno ... sometimes these specific cards folks seem to ask for really seem like the McD's approach to sending your wishes ... lets see what we can pull off the dollar menu.  Then again I've been known to way over think things ... like writing a poem when a simple RSVP was expected.  

BTW Wikipedia has a nice little article on Brothels too.  Never know, they might be fun cards too.  "Congrats on opening your 10th Brothel" ... "Good luck in your new position at the Brothel" ... hey there are already tons of limericks to put inside.  

I sure hope people have a good sense of humor here.    

Email   IP Logged
Donna_131383
artist

Reply #5 - Apr 3rd, 2008, 4:31am

Thanks Shaun!  I have one pending for this request  Smiley  Donna

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Apr 3rd, 2008, 5:52am

Harry-
lol- I did a double take on that one myself- it has been a coon's age since I heard anyone use that expression because it was basically replaced by engagements. But to each his own I guess. I appreciated the thought you put into it though. lol Enjoyed reading your thoughts on the subject!  Smiley  
Thanks
Tammy

Email   IP Logged
Harry_132595
artist

Reply #7 - Apr 3rd, 2008, 11:02am

Quote from Tammy_131374 on Apr 3rd, 2008, 5:52am:
Harry-
lol- I did a double take on that one myself- it has been a coon's age since I heard anyone use that expression because it was basically replaced by engagements. But to each his own I guess. I appreciated the thought you put into it though. lol Enjoyed reading your thoughts on the subject!  Smiley
Thanks
Tammy

Hi Tammy,  Thanks and glad you got a chuckle ... Like I said it was 5am when I first saw it and I do need to get new glasses.  LOL  

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Apr 3rd, 2008, 4:31pm

LOL, HARRY>>>>>>>>>>>>> Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
linda

Email   IP Logged
Rosanne_132497
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Apr 4th, 2008, 3:52am

I was very careful to check my spelling after reading Harry's post.   Smiley

I have one pending too - # 174720.

Cheers,

Rosanne

Red Rose Digital Art Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/RedRoseDigitalArt
Email   IP Logged
Harry_132595
artist

Reply #10 - Apr 4th, 2008, 6:38am

Hi Linda and Rosanne,  

Ahhhh ... see people do have a sense of humor around here ... part of me was wondering.

Here's the best part Rosanne ... THAT typo would be one that spell check wouldn't catch ... LOL

Hmmmm ... betrothal ... brothel ... I guess that is a pretty big stretch for a typo ... fingers would really have to be confused.

Email   IP Logged
Sandy_132125
artist

Reply #11 - Apr 5th, 2008, 9:59am

Smileyhi there
i have one pending!
have a great day!
sandy

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.