Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

New cards in my store (Read 921 times)
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

New cards in my store
Mar 30th, 2008, 11:37am

Mindy and Shaun, I have started a new series of cards in my shop (pending) for Graduation.  The card fronts look similiar, have subtle difference with specific receivers named.
The card front reads with a rather spiritual message as do most of the inside verses.  One inside verse, however, (to fellow classmate) is humorous.  An unexpected SLAM!  Hope someone as twisted as me likes it.   Wink
SueB

Email   IP Logged
David_133145
artist

Re: New cards in my store
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2008, 2:10pm

Sue, you really have some wonderful images in your shop. I paricularly love the "little man."  Did you paint that?  It captures so much.

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2008, 2:36pm

Thanks David,
And you already know what I think of your work, how I covet your fish in a bubble--was it 'Crystal Fish'?
Anyways, no I do not paint...well at least not for the public eye.  I do come from a long line of artists but I never had the patience to sit still like that.  I am pretty good for the 'untrained' but not good enough for anything near professional.  
After I graduated college with a degree in music, I went back and studdied photography.  That's my medium...I am very happy behind the camera lens.  Just don't try and put me in FRONT of it, that's all.  I have TRUNKS full of family photos and my chilren all complain, "But Mom, we have no pictures with YOU in them!"
Computers and the photoshop software have been a blessing to me, as I do look at things like an artist.  I always used to think how nice a particular subject would look in watercolors or in pastels or charcoals, etc.  Now I get to play with those mediums on my cards.
Thanks David, for your kind words.
SueB

Email   IP Logged
Olwyn_131440
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2008, 1:47am

Wow Sue, I was reading this post so I thought I best check out your store and its FABULOUS! well done your work is amazing you truly are talented.  

And David your cards are awesome, I especially liked your global warming card well done

I wish you both the very best of luck with your stores Grin

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2008, 6:00am

Thanks Olwyn!
Spread a few more compliments around like that and you'll probably have a store full of admirers around here.  I guess we all like to be stroked.
Seriously though, I just checked out your store, and Olwyn you are right that you specialize in images for children.  They are young, fresh, happy and whimsical.
I think you should consider opening a card shop SPECIALIZING in Children's Cards.
The name of your shop should shout that message too--like Cards for Kids--.
I think when one has a speciality like this, they do well to capitalize on it.
Just my thoughts though.  At any rate, your cards are charming.  One feels like they have opened the windows on a spring day, when they enter your shop.
The best of luck to you!
SueB
Quote from Olwyn_131440 on Apr 1st, 2008, 1:47am:
Wow Sue, I was reading this post so I thought I best check out your store and its FABULOUS! well done your work is amazing you truly are talented.

And David your cards are awesome, I especially liked your global warming card well done

I wish you both the very best of luck with your stores Grin

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.