Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Navigating the Site (Read 1827 times)
Naty_133468
artist

Navigating the Site
Mar 16th, 2008, 11:46am

I have a relative that asked me how to purchase my cards. Are other people having trouble navigating this site? I am new and that is the reason for my question.

Email   IP Logged
David_133145
artist

Re: Navigating the Site
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2008, 12:29pm

It is my experience that the only sure way for friends to find your stuff is to give them the URL of your shop.  It seems like there should be an easy way to ask the site to find you , but I have not found that happening.  Maybe others have information that will help. I'll be watching as I would like to know also.
For instance, someone shoulf be able to type in "really cool butterfly cards" and find your site that way.  Dunno

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2008, 12:35pm

You can either give the URL of your storefront, or if they do a site search on GCU for your name (Naty Rosado) your cards do pop up - I checked.

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2008, 2:00pm

Yes, my followers have also had a difficult time in both "finding" and "reamaining in" in store.  I just searched the site by my name and found that the page that came up was sorted by the 'most popular' and the customer had the choice of 'newest' sort.  I am not happy with either sort.  The most popular may have nothing to do with what should be appropriate for the season or the customer's present needs.  Same with the 'newest'.  It may be Easter, but I may be putting up my cards for next Christmas.  It's just not appropriate that my customer has to look through scads of Christmas cards in his search for an Easter card!  So I think they should come up by the 'ARTIST'S CHOICE' , and then if there are options to sort otherwise, okay.  
What a crazy assortment I saw when that page came up!  The first one on the page was a Valentine, the second was an Easter card...my most popular cards...who gives a hoot which ones are most popular??? Shocked
SueB

Email   IP Logged
Naty_133468
artist

Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2008, 6:35pm

Thanks for the comments. There is a lot I have to learn about this site.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
David_133145
artist

Reply #5 - Mar 16th, 2008, 8:13pm

The only thing you really have to know about this place is that everyone is very cool, in their own way...even the people running it!  Huh  Therefore,  "it's all good," so to speak.  
I see a lot of terrific images and graphics in here and everyone seems to be here mainly because...well, why not?  Suffice to say, I've seen the staff pretty much on the ball as far as trying to cover all the bases, and friendly about it too, as well as supportive and informative..
As far as understanding it...I think it's a zen kinda thing.  Cool  
Hmmm, maybe I should switch from Polar Bears to... grasshoppers?
Anyhow, good luck.  Your stuff is a wonderful addition to it all. Grin

Email   IP Logged
Hilly_132655
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - Mar 17th, 2008, 1:18am

Quote from Sue_132963 on Mar 16th, 2008, 2:00pm:
What a crazy assortment I saw when that page came up!  The first one on the page was a Valentine, the second was an Easter card...my most popular cards...who gives a hoot which ones are most popular??? Shocked
SueB

All I want for x-mas is the ability to have sections in the shops  Wink Grin
I know what you mean - I am very inconsistent in what I create, one day I might feel like flowers - the next like dragons ...

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Mar 17th, 2008, 7:24am

Exactly...So when someone comes to our store and sees our cards from the newest display, they are probably confronted with a whole mish-mash of images that they have no interest in... cry
By the way, I just went back to your store...   Shocked absolutely charming!  
SueB

Quote from Hilly_132655 on Mar 17th, 2008, 1:18am:
Quote from Sue_132963 on Mar 16th, 2008, 2:00pm:
SueB

All I want for x-mas is the ability to have sections in the shops  Wink Grin
I know what you mean - I am very inconsistent in what I create, one day I might feel like flowers - the next like dragons ...

Email   IP Logged
Audrey_132599
artist

Reply #8 - Mar 17th, 2008, 10:25am

There should be a page that just has all the artists with shops listed.Many greeting card companies do this.

The way it's set up now, only the top 19 artists that have the most cards in their shop are listed. If you click on all artists you get the artist with their bios. This is nice, but if you don't know how to spell the artists  name it could be a very long search.  

Keep it simple.One list just with names.Another with the bios.  

Thanks,
Audrey

Email   IP Logged
Naty_133468
artist

Reply #9 - Mar 17th, 2008, 11:22am

Hi Sue: Thank you for the compliment.

Email   IP Logged
Hilly_132655
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #10 - Mar 18th, 2008, 2:02am

Quote from Sue_132963 on Mar 17th, 2008, 7:24am:
By the way, I just went back to your store...   Shocked absolutely charming!
SueB

embarrassed Thank you - glad someone likes my stuff, I don´t sell a lot  Wink

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.