Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Cards that strike a chord in the music of my heart (Read 871 times)
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Cards that strike a chord in the music of my heart
Feb 29th, 2008, 10:21am

Well, this is the place for chatter so I think I will start a little.  I have noticed lately how many cards that I design really hit home.  (strike a chord in the music of my heart)  The Piano Recital One certainly did because of my many years as a Music/Piano teacher and all the Recitals I participated in and sponsered.
Then all the Wedding/Anniversary ones.  I have played the organ and piano at weddings (and sunday services and funerals, etc.) for most of my life--since I was twelve years old.  Then add to that my many years as a freelance photographer and all the weddings I shot.  Weddings never became ho-hum to me.  Every one was special.  And now I find that the cards I design for them evoke the same joy.
My best cards come from my best memories...
Anyone else share these emotions?
SueB

Email   IP Logged
Oma_132016
artist

Re: Cards that strike a chord in the music of my h
Reply #1 - Feb 29th, 2008, 1:37pm

Hi Sue!

I have to honestly say that you really do have a very personal touch that is present in your cards. Maybe it really does make a difference in your designs when you have some kind of emotional attachment to each situation you've created a card for! I think it's great.

I'm not sure what kind of personality I bring to my cards just yet. I've never had any other kind of background other that being an graphic/artist. I've recently discovered the joy of photography but my full time job usually deters me from getting out to actually enjoy it.

To put it simply, I've always had a fascination with greeting cards. I'm usually the one who always remembers birthdays, anniversaries, showers etc...and takes great joy in sending out our Christmas cards early!  Cheesy  
So when I came across GCU, I thought I'd give it a try. I actually reaslised that I'm not so bad at it. I've really surprised myself. The best part is that I've become a part of something I think is pretty unique and extra-ordinary! I'm sure alot of you will agree there's no better feeling when a customer relates to and appreciates your card and actually buys it!

My designs may be from my quirky imagination but my word always come from my heart. (I think that we all share similar dreams).

Oma.

Email   IP Logged
Gina_133039
artist

Reply #2 - Feb 29th, 2008, 4:18pm

Smiley Sue... I can relate to what you said...  My cards are my photographs.. the verses are from my heart... some that I would say to someone if i had the chance and some I wish someone would say to me... But they come from living life...from being a part of Creation and experiencing a range of emotions from one day to the next... I've always loved greeting cards... have spent hours looking at cards trying to find just the right verse... I love creating them and knowing that someone liked it enough to send it to someone they love.  That moves me...and it makes me grateful that God has allowed me to be a part of His ministry in this way... I am grateful for GCU... I feel right at home here...  God Bless...and good luck!

gina

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:33am

Hi Sue,
I read this thread the other day and knew that I would want to respond to you when I got a chance.  Yes, I agree with you totally.  My own emotions and experiences often go into my cards.  Just recently I was doing a pet sympathy card, I just looked into my dogs eyes, and the words just flowed.  I cried at my own card.  This may seems silly to some, but this is what it is about for me--connecting with others.  Just imagine for every card you sell, you have touched two people's lives in a positive way.  There is great joy in that.  By the way, I love your cards.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts too!
Kathy Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.