Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Anybody sold anything? (Read 2191 times)
Cassie_133164
artist

Anybody sold anything?
Feb 27th, 2008, 9:59am

How do you do it?  I haven't sold a thing on here but I have sold several of these same cards over on another site.  What am I doing wrong that I have not sold a thing here?

Email   IP Logged
Cara_131386
artist

Re: Anybody sold anything?
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2008, 10:20am

Hi Cassie!

Just a few suggestions for you.  You might want to put some text on the outside and insides of some of those beautiful photos that you took.  Seems to be the concensus on here that when there is something worded on the inside, the customer is more likely to buy that card.  For example, I might take that Wood Duck shot, its gorgeous by the way, and put some text on the outside that says I'm Just Ducky, how about you?  Something similar to that, use your imagination.  These are suggestions only.  

Try to put some words that might go together nicelyl with the composition of the photographs.   Also another thing to consider is the more variety of cards that you make available in your shop, the more likely you will get customers looking for a specific card.  Birthday cards are very popular as well.  Good luck to you!

You will get some sales, try to be patient.  I have been selling a few cards here and there, but not on other sites, just the opposite of what you said.  My sales are on this site

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_131617
artist

Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2008, 10:27am

Hi Cassie - ditto here/slow sales, however, I haven't created or even had time yet to upload many cards lately so I think much is my own non doing.... nearly 3000 card clicks in 60 days but only sold 6 cards.
Thanks for great tips Cora. Cheers, Lisa

Email   IP Logged
Donna_131383
artist

Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2008, 11:40am

Quote from Cassie_133164 on Feb 27th, 2008, 9:59am:
How do you do it?  I haven't sold a thing on here but I have sold several of these same cards over on another site.  What am I doing wrong that I have not sold a thing here?

Hi Cassie!

I just read a post this morning by Mindy who makes excellent suggestions for card sales, etc... I hope I do this right, but if the link to her post is not correct, you can find it under "Artist Chatter/A Humble Request"

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1203781962

Best of luck to you!

Donna

Email   IP Logged
Cara_131386
artist

Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2008, 12:00pm

I am sure that any and all suggestions are worth a good read!  LOL I got most of my suggestions straight from Mindy Tongue

Have a great day all!

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2008, 12:10pm

I have not sold anything in 2 1/2 weeks.  My store visits and clicks have, however, picked up in the past two days.  I guess the flu season is about over    Roll Eyes  and now we have to rely on St. Pat's Day and Easter coming up...  I'm really hoping for some sales soon.  I did have some good news in the mailbox today, though.  One of my poems has been accepted for publication by the Aurorean, a bi-annual poetry publication (published by encirclepub.com).  I am very excited about that and some of my photography will be published in an anthology being published soon, called Beginnings.  So some things are beginning to cook.  Seems like if one just 'keeps on keeping on' things do eventually happen...
SueB

Email   IP Logged
Cara_131386
artist

Reply #6 - Feb 27th, 2008, 12:16pm

Congratulations Sue!  That is fantastic news for you!  Hip Hip Hooray! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Feb 27th, 2008, 12:59pm

Sue - that's what I like about you, you're an eternal optimist (like me!).  Congrats on your great news.

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Feb 27th, 2008, 1:17pm

Thank you Cara, and thank you Tom.  Today was better than good.  
 kiss
SueB

Email   IP Logged
Nancy_132539
artist

Reply #9 - Feb 27th, 2008, 1:40pm

The other night I had the Firecrackin pleasure of opening a GCU e-mail that gave me some Boomin news!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

I wish to thank whomever it was that enjoyed my Shamrock card so much that they ordered 50. Thank you, thank you, thank you!  

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/viewdetails.asp?pid=152335&pag e=1&aid=132539&f=1

I made a necktie on another site with the same pattern that I really liked too.

Sales don't come quick and easy for me. I am what I am. I design what I design. And I thank those who have appreciated my work.
Firecrackinmama

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - Feb 27th, 2008, 1:50pm

Hey Nancy!  That is firecrackin-fantastic news!  I would feel like I had won the lottery if I sold 50 of one card!  Congratulations girl!
 Cool
SueB

Quote from Nancy_132539 on Feb 27th, 2008, 1:40pm:
The other night I had the Firecrackin pleasure of opening a GCU e-mail that gave me some Boomin news!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

I wish to thank whomever it was that enjoyed my Shamrock card so much that they ordered 50. Thank you, thank you, thank you!  

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/viewdetails.asp?pid=152335&pag e=1&aid=132539&f=1

I made a necktie on another site with the same pattern that I really liked too.

Sales don't come quick and easy for me. I am what I am. I design what I design. And I thank those who have appreciated my work.
Firecrackinmama

Email   IP Logged
Donna_131383
artist

Reply #11 - Feb 27th, 2008, 9:28pm

Quote from Nancy_132539 on Feb 27th, 2008, 1:40pm:

Firecrackinmama

Congratulations Nancy!

I'm thrilled for you... awesome shamrock design and worth every penny spent  Wink

Keep doing what you are doing - this is most likely the first of many bulk sales heading your way on GCU.  

Keep the faith and again, congratulations!

Best,
Donna

Email   IP Logged
Harry_132595
artist

Reply #12 - Feb 28th, 2008, 5:14am

Yeah Nancy ... I'll get the congrats on here too.  50 cards is a good feeling I had that happen at Christmas over at Zazzle.

Yeah I sell cards here too ... some guy name Harry buys a lot of them ... oh wait that's ME!!!!!  LOL

But I did sell some at Christmas here too.  I don't have a big selection and I should do a better job of promoting ... but I do get my views and clicks here and there.

One person did say if they had seen my Christmas cards before Christmas they would have bought some ... OK so it wasn't a sale ... but yanno ... it was really nice to hear!

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #13 - Feb 28th, 2008, 11:31am

Well, it seems traditional to announce one's first GCU card sale to a complete, random, never to be known, obscure, unthankable, untraceable, total stranger.

I sold 8, yes 8, of my "Divorced - Yippee!" cards to one happy sap today.  Now this makes 2 happy saps. Grin

Elapsed time 11 days, 23 hours, 14 minutes, and 6 seconds,  and that's only a few hours more than I've spent designing and uploading 88 of these blasted cards!

Totally worth it.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.