Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

do I have to delete first in order to change image (Read 2906 times)
barbara_133221
Gold Member
artist

do I have to delete first in order to change image
Feb 22nd, 2008, 1:20pm

Hello everybody!
Well I have now sorted out how to resize my pics so that I do not get the "poor quality" grade anymore (have posted about this before).  Smiley
Now I have a question; the new pics I uploaded are ok, the old ones are still of the poor quality kind.
Do I have to delete the cards, upload the resized picture and go through the whole submission procedure (tags, description, adding text, etc).
Is there a shortcut, a way I can leave all the information and just change the image? undecided
Thanks for replying and I wish everyone a relaxing weekend!
Regards, barbara

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Re: do I have to delete first in order to change i
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2008, 2:11pm

Hi Barbara!

I'm pretty sure you don't have to delete. Go to:

Manage Store > Images & Cards > Manage Cards

You'll get a list of your cards. Go to the one you want to change; inside the box that contains the keywords &tc, you'll see a hyperlink Change Image.

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131448
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2008, 2:42pm

Hi Barbara,

Corrie's right, you don't have to delete and start over. When you're on your "Manage cards" page in List View, in the top box to right of your card image, there's a blue link that says "Change image", click on that, it will go to a bigger card image, and underneath that, you click the "change image" words, it will go to your "Create a card page" where you select the new image. (Make sure the new image is added before going to your manage cards page.)

You can tell I've done this, huh? Wink HTH!

Kat Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131448
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2008, 2:45pm

Oh, I more thing. . . . I forgot to say that you may still be seeing the old image afterwards, until you refresh your page! Smiley

Kat Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Norval_132688
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2008, 11:11pm

SmileyThank You......KATHY.....you are the first person to actually tell one how to do this.....I've been tearing my hair out for months....... and had finally decided
the.......blank blank blank.....with this contraption!

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Feb 23rd, 2008, 9:25am

Barbara,
Kathy is absolutely right.  I will re-emphasize something she told you, to make sure it is perfectly clear to you.  Don't forget to upload the 'new image' first...
You will 'Create a new card' by browsing and choosing the new image.  Once that is done, THEN you will go into 'edit' your old card, click on 'change image' right under the picture of your card front, and it will allow you to click on your 'new image'.  Once that is done, DO NOT FORGET to go down to 'SAVE changes' and click on it.  Otherwise,  your changes will not take effect.  
Good luck!
SueB

Quote from Kathy_131448 on Feb 22nd, 2008, 2:42pm:
Hi Barbara,

Corrie's right, you don't have to delete and start over. When you're on your "Manage cards" page in List View, in the top box to right of your card image, there's a blue link that says "Change image", click on that, it will go to a bigger card image, and underneath that, you click the "change image" words, it will go to your "Create a card page" where you select the new image. (Make sure the new image is added before going to your manage cards page.)

You can tell I've done this, huh? Wink HTH!

Kat Smiley

Email   IP Logged
barbara_133221
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:37am

Bedankt Corrie, het is alles een beetje ingewikkeld, maar het lukt! Smiley
Thanks Sue, it took me quite a  long time to change the pictures (it did not work out for some though), have been busy this whole afternoon  Roll Eyes
Thanks Kathy,  Smiley Smileyeverything you said helped so much, thanks for going into details (that was really necessary! Otherwise I would have pressed the wrong buttons!) Tongue

Now I have another question: some pictures still rate poor quality. I scanned them again, set the size (but I could not get the size gcu needs). Now the paintings are much bigger than a greeting card, so I'm a bit stomped why the size is still not right.
What happens if a "poor quality" card gets printed? Is there a white border around the painting, or is it blurred or  strangly pixelated?

Have a nice sunday!

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131448
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #7 - Feb 26th, 2008, 9:24am

Everyone has different scanners, cameras and computer software, so I can't tell you what to do with your paintings, but I can tell you that your image needs to be 5 inches by 7 inches, or 7 inches by 5 inches, 300 dpi resolution, and 1500 pixels by 2100 pixels or 2100 pixels by 1500 pixels.

When you scan, make sure that you set the resolution to 300 dpi. If your image is too big, you might have change the size to make it less than 100%, or you might have to crop the image after scanning. You might want to play around with these and see how you can get the proper size. Good luck!

Kat Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.