Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
A BIG PROBLEM!!! (Read 4173 times)
David_133145
artist

Re: A BIG PROBLEM!!!
Reply #15 - Feb 14th, 2008, 11:52am

I apologize for my "shouting" in my reply. In my defense, I was so involved with making my response, that I did not notice my "cap locks" were on.  
I do feel that a person should immediately notify the GCU people if they really feel there is a problem.  I went thru so much "weirdness" (to put it niceley) in Zazzle that I do tend to over-react.  Next time I'll try to take a couple of  embarrasseddeep breathes before I type something.  Thanks for the "heads up" Corrie. My apologies.

Email   IP Logged
Oma_132016
artist

Reply #16 - Feb 14th, 2008, 1:53pm

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to thank you all for all the advice and your genuine concern for this situation. It is truly appreciated.

I did send a personal message to Mindy last night about my discovery and I've even named the artist. I haven't gotten a response from her as yet! I have to admit I was pretty upset last night about it and even contemplated letting everyone else know who it was...but I've calmed down a little today and realise it's not such a good idea. As for whether I'm sure it's my artwork that was copied...I HAVE NO DOUBT! You guys are entitled to your opinions but I'm not sure how you guys would take it if you saw 'versions of your designs floating around'.

Don't get me wrong, I still don't think that what the artist did was right but I'm going to be the better person and wait for Mindy or anyone from the GCU staff to address this.  

The thing that I don't understand is, the artist seemed to be talented, I've even noticed the 'rising quantity' of cards she's been producing lately. So why would she be taking such unique ideas from other artists and copying them over? I couldn't help wonder if she was doing it to anyone else besides me! If I were you guys, I'd be worried....I don't mean to scare anyone but you have to be aware and take notice! I would hate for anyone to be in my position right now!

I always refer to you guys as my GCU family because I thought everyone here came together for the same purpose, to form the best and most unique range of greeting cards that surpasses our limitless imaginations. I love designing cards and I'm grateful to be apart of something so great as GCU with some of the best artists I've come to know.  

I think that, as artists on GCU, if we find something disturbing, especially when it concerns any kind of copying we should inform each other.

Again, thank you all for your concerns and comments! I will keep you guys informed if anything happens from here.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Oma.

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #17 - Feb 14th, 2008, 4:33pm

Hi Oma,
I sent you a private message.  I hope you got it. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Catherine_131549
artist

Reply #18 - Feb 15th, 2008, 3:30am

Wow Oma, just caught up on this thread after having witten to Teri about hers  Shocked

It is upsetting but I agree with Teri and Corries comments entirely. Hold on in there, report it to Mindy & Co and hopefully it will get sorted. Maybe Mindy & Co needs to be setting up some kind of 'direct complaints procedure' for artist to email them directly, as this does seem to be becoming more than just a one-off problem...?  

My thoughts are with you  kiss

PS. I don't generally have time to look at other artist's stores (only a few of my absolute favorites!), but I'm beginning to wonder, in light of this issue, if I should now.  undecided

« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2008, 5:23am by Catherine_131549 »  

Email   IP Logged
Oma_132016
artist

Reply #19 - Feb 15th, 2008, 10:45am

Hi again,

Got your message Kathy, I replied!

Thanks for the concern Catherine and just thought you'd like to know, I barely have time to upload cards when I get home, so I was lucky to have noticed the cards as 'NEWEST'. I'm still waiting on some kind of answer to this situation.

The longer this takes, the more confused I get about it! undecided

I've been thinking that even if this situation gets resolved and let's just say, that this artist or anyone else is allowed to continue 'reproducing and altering' other artists work, what would this site come to? I think that we'd be going around in circles! Our originality and uniqueness would get lost in what would become a sea of generic spin offs! And I personally think that it defeats every reason of being called an artist!

I'm not going to give up on this so called copying! I think that it's morally wrong. Again, if this artist is allowed to continue mimicing other GCU artist work and has no consideration or remorse towards other artists imagination then I think they should be eventually exposed. I mean, if they are so bold and self-righteous about copying, then a little warning about them in the forum to the other artists in GCU should be of little concern to them! What do you guys think? Too harsh?

Oma.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #20 - Feb 15th, 2008, 2:36pm

We are in communications re: Oma's posting.  We are also working on several ways in which we can make it clear to artists that using other artists' art/images/verses is not acceptable.

Thank you for you understanding and patience on this topic and please stay tuned.

Email   IP Logged
Rosanne_132497
Gold Member
artist

Reply #21 - Feb 15th, 2008, 4:09pm

Hi Oma,

I really feel for you. Teri's and your experiences have been particularly obnoxious. I did see the cards that you mentioned and they were a very ill-disguised knock-off of your cards. It's good to see that Mindy et al have the situation in hand now so hang in there. You have lots of support here!

Cheers,

Rosanne

Red Rose Digital Art Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/RedRoseDigitalArt
Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #22 - Feb 16th, 2008, 9:27am

Please see this posting:

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1203182737/0#0

This will message will be used in other places throughout on our site so the message is clear and pervasive.

Email   IP Logged
Oma_132016
artist

Reply #23 - Feb 16th, 2008, 10:32am

Hi again everyone!

I just wanted to inform you that Mindy and the GCU staff we're very responsive and discreet in handling this whole situation.

The artist has agreed to remove the cards. This whole situation has been unfortunate and I would like to take this opportunity to say 'THANKS!' to everyone for their support and advice.

I will look upon this situation in a positive light. We have all become more aware of the challenges we face in order to grow as artists and I have recognised the strength and heart of the great artists that belong to GCU. You all are truly an extension of family!

Oma.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.