Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Option to remove/edit writing on card face (Read 1430 times)
Elena_133236
GCU Newbies
artist

Option to remove/edit writing on card face
Feb 6th, 2008, 6:41am

I love this site! And I would love it even more if there would be an option of changing the face card  message. Everybody will benefit. Last night I was shopping for a card... and I found GREAT images, but, the messages on the card's face was not what I wanted or slightly different. I wish it was possible to change a word or two or remove it all together in some cases. Maybe have different choices of the message?  
If there would be such option, it has to be stated right under the card image when people are browsing. I could have bought 10 cards but I ended up with the only one.  
Thanks again everyone for your great work and have a good day! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Re: Option to remove/edit writing on card face
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2008, 6:59am

Hi Elena -

If you mean text on the face of a card, that's part of the card image created by the artist and isn't changeable by customers like the inside text. However, if you like a specific card but wish it had a different or customized message on the front, try contacting the artist directly (or make your request through Mindy). Most of the GCU artists would be happy to customize a card for you.

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2008, 7:10am

Elena-

Definitely contact the artist if you like the art or image but would like different wording!  For most of us it's not that difficult or time consuming!  Personalizing cards can be quite fun!  Some artists have info on their store sites about customization, but I'm sure there are many others willing to do that for a customer.  Or mention it in the forum under cards wanted. . . "seek and yea shall find!"

-Ernestine

Email   IP Logged
Wendy_132744
artist

Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2008, 2:10am

The only way that would be possible is if the text was done on site as part of the uploading programme.
But as GCU only allows us to upload completed JPEG images (with the text already in place) we can't do that right now.

However, I have a message as part of my "welcome to my page", it says that if you wish the card made up for a different age or occasion or even if you just wish the cartoons were a different colour; just leave a message I will be happy to do one for you at no extra cost.  it only takes a day (sometimes less) to get a card uploaded and accepted.

Dont be afraid to ask!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.