Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Oh My God, sales are not going through!!! (Read 1807 times)
cliff_132876
GCU Newbies
artist

Oh My God, sales are not going through!!!
Feb 3rd, 2008, 8:52pm

Heads up guys! I was wondering why I've been on GCU since november and haven't had any sales yet!!! I just found out from a couple of friends of mine who tried to purchase some of my cards, that something is wrong with the checkout page in my card store! They tell me that the transactions are not going through, and that the system is not taking any of the credit cards!!! and I wondered why I haven't had any sales? These were different people in different cities and states! GCU Administrators You guys better look into this because this has lost us sales!!  Angry  It could be the reason why many of YOU...haven't had sales yet???? A Big...Big...Problem!  Sad

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Re: Oh My God, sales are not going through!!!
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2008, 4:43am

Oh my, this does not sound good...I will be watching this thread closely.  Sorry to hear about this.

Email   IP Logged
Pattiann_132699
artist

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2008, 7:45am

Cliff, I'm so sorry to hear about this. It must be very disappointing to work so hard and then lose sales because of something that is out of your control.

I'm a computer instructor, so I'm inclined to wonder if it might be human error. Have you tried to make a purchase through your store? If the sale doesn't go through, you will be in a position to describe to Mindy & Shaun exactly what is wrong. If the sale does go through, you will be assured that all is well.

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2008, 9:05am

I was just informed of a sale at my store, and looking at my stats, I think all is about the way it normally is for me.
I think that Pattiann's suggestion is an excellent one.

Email   IP Logged
cliff_132876
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #4 - Feb 4th, 2008, 10:13am

Thanks guys for your replies! I did order for myself and it checked out o.k for me...but i can't understand why it hasn't worked for the others that I got a response from? I'll tell them to try again and make sure they are going through the check process correctly. Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
cliff_132876
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2008, 10:15am

I mean "the checkout process" Thanks.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #6 - Feb 4th, 2008, 11:08am

Hi all,
Certainly no need to panic.  First of all the checkout process is the same for all stores, cards are put in the GCU site "basket" and checkout using the same pages and process so nothing is unique in checkout to an artist's store.

For the most part checkout seems to be going smoothly.  We do not have any recent indicators of a rise in problems.  We do get sporadic customer service calls and emails with shoppers asking for help.  

As Pattiann suggests, any specifics from you or your shopper would help us pinpoint their problems.  There are so many variables it's really different for each order.

Again, no need to panic, on our side orders are rolling in and customer service reports are normal so there are no indicators of a widespread issue.

Cliff, please contact Shaun or me offline if you have specifics on an order.

Email   IP Logged
cliff_132876
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #7 - Feb 4th, 2008, 12:11pm

O,k thanks Mendy, will do! I'll ask my customers for specific details on their order process. Thanks again.

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Feb 4th, 2008, 7:28pm

Cliff and all-

You know it could be a problem with your "purchaser's" browser where certain "scripts" aren't functioning correctly.  I had a friend who had a similar problem and it WAS the browser on their end.

-Ernestine

Email   IP Logged
Tanya_131398
artist

Reply #9 - Feb 5th, 2008, 4:39pm

I agree with Ernestine. I was having a terrible time getting pages to load but then I switched to Firefox and that solved my problems.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.