Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
Condolences for the Loss of a Child Greeting Card (Read 3768 times)
Kendal_133036
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: Condolences for the Loss of a Child Greeting C
Reply #15 - Jan 12th, 2008, 11:44pm

Hello!

My name is Kendal, and I'm new here. I was the one looking for 'loss of a child' cards. At first I thought I would just sign up on the site as sort of an affiliate - I'm looking for some ways to supplement my income. I was putting together the Widget of favourite cards, and (although it's not common) thought I'd search for that condolence card.  

My step-daughter passed away in 2006, and that's why it was on my mind.  

I decided though to join your community as a card-maker though, and I'm trying to start with that category! I'm still mastering Photoshop though... :-P I thought since the subject is close to me, I may be able to come up with something appropriate, and/or comforting. I mean, there really ARE no words.  

But I look forward to creating some more cheerful cards here with you guys. This is a pretty nice creative outlet. I'm setting up my store at www.greetingcarduniverse.com/CardBird . Smiley  

Talk to you again soon.... and thanks so much for creating more cards. Hopefully, no one will have to order them. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #16 - Jan 13th, 2008, 4:59am

Hello and welcome Kendal.  I am sorry for your loss.  Designing those cards was really challenging emotionally.  This is a great site, I think you'll like it here and have fun with photoshop.  I have been using that program for a while now and love it.  If you have questions, just ask in the forum and someone will try and help you out.  This is a friendly site and I have found the staff and artist support excellent.  Happy creating!
Linda

Email   IP Logged
Kendal_133036
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #17 - Jan 13th, 2008, 9:02am

Quote from Linda_132742 on Jan 13th, 2008, 4:59am:
Hello and welcome Kendal. I am sorry for your loss. Designing those cards was really challenging emotionally. This is a great site, I think you'll like it here and have fun with photoshop. I have been using that program for a while now and love it. If you have questions, just ask in the forum and someone will try and help you out. This is a friendly site and I have found the staff and artist support excellent. Happy creating!
Linda

Thank you. It hasn't been an easy time since then, but I'm trying to make some good come of it.  

I'm thinking of taking a class for Photoshop, or something. It's a great program.  

Talk to you soon!

Email   IP Logged
Sandy_132125
artist

Reply #18 - Jan 19th, 2008, 5:07am

Well, we did say that we would post when we had a sell from the wanted-card thread.
Although it doesn't feel happy to sell a card of this kind., it does feel encouraging to know that something you created might have helped someone else in a time of need.  
I did have a card of mine purchased as the results of meing to this call.
It was my card called "Loss" I truly hope it helps someone through such a tough time!
budrfli ~^~

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.