You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
Any recent sales? (Read 5217 times)
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Any recent sales?
Jan 6th, 2008, 8:32am

Anyone get any sales from the recent card requests?  All I have gotten are clicks, no KA-Ching!

Email   IP Logged
Monica_132900
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: Any recent sales?
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2008, 8:46am

no sales me too, just clicks

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2008, 9:03am

No sales--Just clicks.  And I put up some GREAT stuff............What is WRONG with those people???    cry
SueB

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2008, 11:35am

Quote from Sue_132963 on Jan 6th, 2008, 9:03am:
No sales--Just clicks. And I put up some GREAT stuff............What is WRONG with those people??? cry
SueB

not all requests end in sales to that particular person, however they are in your store and someone at another time may be hunting that very thing.  it isn't something we can take personally , or take to heart too much.

you said....
"What is WRONG with those people??? "    this is an open forum and "those people" may be reading the boards so i wouldn't criticize them too much. i always read the forums if available when i visit a new site, or a possible place to buy items.  i want to get the feel and personality of the sellers and buyers.   everyone has different tastes in cards.  if they didn't we wouldn't need but one artist submitting.  

there is a wide variety here, something for every taste in humor, art, lifestyle, belief, it may take a while to link up the right person with the right card.  patience is key in this sort of venture.  i believe i read you joined this  week , i wouldn't be discouraged yet.  it takes time.

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2008, 2:31pm

Goodness, gracious, great balls afire!  I never dreamed someone would take me serious.  I am so sorry.  I was trying to inject a little humor.  Guess I fell flat on my face.  I sincerely appologize.  
And I must tell you...I am not discouraged.  In fact, it has been a long time since I have been so utterly euphoric over a porject.  Yes, I have only been here at GCU for a few days, and already I am addicted!  
I have been designing and selling my Greeting Cards in the outside world for a couple of years now, and have always loved this medium.  But GCU just makes the task so delightfully easy for the artist.
Thank you GCU and community!
Again, I am so sorry that I mis-communicated...But thanks for letting me know!
 kiss
SueB

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2008, 2:40pm

and i apologize for not taking it as you meant it....too many agency forums where people are genuinely ticked off and venting.   Roll Eyes

i agree with you about really liking it here but i know patience is key.  i have been here a little over 3 months and have had very good sales but i know it is frustrating when they don't happen.

you have very nice images.  i really like the valentine  cottage in Kentucky...i am in Tennessee

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Jan 6th, 2008, 3:18pm

Why thank you...And believe me, you have nothing to appologize for.  I am genuinely thankful to be told something like that.  You gave me the opportunity to correct any misconceptions out there.  Thank you.

Tenn?!  I LOVE your state.  My husband grew up in Kentucy.  We lived there for five years.  We have kin in KY, Tn, and Virginia.  Such beautiful country side and so many wonderful people--salt of the earth types.  

I haven't seen your images yet, so think I will mosey on over to your holler now.

Thanks again Denise.
Warmly,
Sue

Email   IP Logged
Rosanne_132497
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Jan 6th, 2008, 3:22pm

Hi everyone,

Much like others here, I was also wondering whether any sales would happen for me (one card in two months was not very ego-enhancing!   Wink), however, I made my second sale ever yesterday. It was a "junior bridesmaid invitation" card but I have no idea whether the purchaser was the same person who placed the recent request for cards of that category.

I think we're in it here for the long haul and should not lose sight of the fun involved in sharing our "art"!

Cheers,

Rosanne

Red Rose Digital Art Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/RedRoseDigitalArt
Email   IP Logged
Wendy_132744
artist

Reply #8 - Jan 17th, 2008, 4:47am

I got nothing from the card requests.  But I have had my first sale just this week!
Some lovely person bought 4 groundhog day cards.
I only made them because I noticed there weren't many in that category.
There are still categories with nothing in!
It's worth a look!

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Jan 17th, 2008, 7:46am

I finally sold 'one' wedding attendant card.  But I am not complaining.  My store is only 2 weeks old and I have sold 13 cards so far.  I'm sure it will get better as I add to my store and folks get to know me.
My but it's cold in Maine today.  Clear, but cold--ten degrees!
Keep warm friends,
SueB

Email   IP Logged
Gina_133039
artist

Reply #10 - Jan 17th, 2008, 2:12pm

Smiley Hello.  I, too, am new to GCU... have only been here a few days... have had two sales so far... well, actually one if I don't count the one I bought... It is a great concept and so far, I am very impressed with everyone... Lots of camraderie, support and encouragement... and the admin staff is johnny on the spot.  I'm happy to be here.

gina

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Reply #11 - Jan 17th, 2008, 6:46pm

I've been selling wedding related stuff. Slow today though- sold one missing you card today

Email   IP Logged
Hilly_132655
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #12 - Jan 18th, 2008, 1:58am

In nearly three mths over 2000 card clicks / 900 store clicks , no sales yet here. But I´m a patient person  Wink

Email   IP Logged
Sandy_132125
artist

Paid? when can it be expected?
Reply #13 - May 5th, 2008, 3:23am

Since we are talking about sales here, and i cannot find a place for this question? How long does it take to get paid once you reach the lowest amount they pay here? It says we get paid on april 30th but it is still pending????
If someone...MINDY???....knows the answer to this or where to post or ask this please let me know! THANKS,
Sandy!

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #14 - May 5th, 2008, 3:53am

I received a check for this past quarter last week.  The pay quarter was for Jan-March.  Linda

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.