Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

First of all hello to everyone (Read 1692 times)
Hilly_132655
GCU Newbies
artist

First of all hello to everyone
Dec 15th, 2007, 9:19am

Iīve been here a few weeks, but have been lurking more than anything. I havenīt had any sales yet - but a few years at selling t-shirts has taught me to be patient as long as thereīs not many products in the shop.

Also I have spent the last four weeks busy with my x-mas present for our daughter in law (who is not bad at drawing):
She is a stay at home mom with a 1 year old, and one on the way, and as our son was layed off for ages money is not plenty. So I opened a shop at a POD for her (complete with about two dozen designs), and also a card store here (also with some cards in it).

The best thing about that is that after selling something from the POD shop someone bought seven of the cards I made for her, too! So Iīm jumping with joy at being able to present her with two shops that have already have made some money  Cheesy

X-mas is going to be fun!

Email   IP Logged
Sean_132611
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: First of all hello to everyone
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2007, 9:25am

Hey Hilly,

Hmmm, maybe I should get you to open up shops for me too!

Just a thought.

Grin

Email   IP Logged
Wendy_132744
artist

Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2007, 10:29am

That's the coolest Christmas present I've ever heard of.
The present that, literally, keeps giving!
I've only been here a few weeks too and although I've had sales elsewhere here has yet to take off.  But as you say I waited a month or two on my last POD so I'm patient too.
I'm sure your daughter in law is gonna flip!  She's gonna have a great time here.  I've made some super friends through selling shirts and cards on line we're quite a community.  
You're never alone with a POD!

Email   IP Logged
_132335
artist

Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2007, 12:55pm

Hi Hilly,

Ehh, what is a POD shop ? am not familiar with that, might be a silly question and obvious to many but not to me  Grin

And I also want to say, your card designs are fantastic, I love the Christmas ones you have Smiley Great job Smiley

Big Huggs
/Inge Smiley

Email   IP Logged
phrank_131619
artist

Reply #4 - Dec 15th, 2007, 1:12pm

SmileyThats a great letter. I know what its like to be laid off and around Christmas time its a tradgedy...I'm Happy for you Hilly..,.Merry Christmas and A much better New Year to you and Yours...capt.

Email   IP Logged
Hilly_132655
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2007, 3:49pm

Thanks, everyone! I was hoping that the shops made sales before I gave them to her, but didnīt dream that it would come true  Grin

Quote from _132335 on Dec 15th, 2007, 12:55pm:
Hi Hilly,

Ehh, what is a POD shop ? am not familiar with that, might be a silly question and obvious to many but not to me Grin

And I also want to say, your card designs are fantastic, I love the Christmas ones you have Smiley Great job Smiley

Big Huggs
/Inge Smiley

Inge - POD is an abbreviation of "Print on Demand" - thereīs several sites where you can upload your designs and sell them on t-shirts and household and gift items. I have about a dozen shops like that, the portal to them is my "shopping mall" http://www.tshirt-total.com , where I also have a widget for the card shop.

Thanks you for the praise for my cards - I have been busy setting up the stuff for Kerstin (daughter in law) and wonīt be getting my shop here off the ground seriously until the new year.

Sean - I f I knew it would help Id open a shop for you  Wink

Email   IP Logged
Sean_132611
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2007, 4:21pm

Awww... Thanks Hilly!

Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Lorie_132587
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #7 - Dec 15th, 2007, 4:30pm

I can attest to how crappy it is to be laid off during the holidays.  Mike lost his job back in October and I've been out of freelance work since June.  This year has been soooo hard.  We're struggling to get a xmas together for his daughter and have been relying completely on the kindness of strangers.  We hate to be in this position, but we are thankful that there are still some people in the world that understand charity.

What's you've done for your daughter-in-law is tremendous!  And the fact that you also provided her with some samples is great.  While we have several POD shops open, we still don't have much by way of samples because we can't afford to buy them.  It feels so pathetic to have recently opened our GCU shop but can't even afford to buy our own cards to send out for the holidays - even WITH the discounts!

Oh well.  I'm done now.  Hope it doesn't sound like we're throwing a pity party over here - because we're not.  We're just trying like crazy to get back on our feet.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
_132335
artist

Reply #8 - Dec 16th, 2007, 12:01am

Hi Hilly,
Thank you for the explanation, so kind of you to find time to do so Smiley
At times, when things look obvious to many it really isn't for me far over the seas, I am aware of that shops but was not aware it was called like that, thank you again Smiley

It's sad, that there's still so many families who is suffering during Christmas and other times through the year, but it warms one heart to know that world haven't gone totally cold and heartless, that there still am people out there who really wish to reach out and help others, a big cheer to those kind souls Smiley

I wish the new year begins with better times for you who suffers or has troubles or am ill.

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

Big Huggs
/Inge Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.