Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Wow! I just got my first Sale! (Read 1758 times)
Shari_132735
artist

Wow! I just got my first Sale!
Dec 11th, 2007, 3:44pm

Grin Shocked Cool That's Amazing!  It was on one of my Damask Thinking of you cards.  Someone from the Reminder Center!  How Cool is that!

I've been listening to the stories on how it was going to take a few months before I get a sale from other than myself.  I started my store on Dec 2nd!  Today is Dec 11th!  Maybe it's a flook.  I hope not.  Wow! Wow! Wow! Shocked

I'm still adding new images slowly.  I'm more of a photographer than an actual drawing artist, though I am good with computer digital imaging.  Which is how I created my Damask.  I envy those that can draw or paint.  My mother was a watercolor artist and that is what I have been working on, photographing her watercolor paintings that I found after she recently passed away.  You can see a couple of her paintings on my shop.

Boy!  I have so many ideas in my brain on what I can do with my GCU Shop I can't work fast enough!  If I seem to be babbling that's because I'm soooo excited I can't sleep!  (Disney commercial... hehe..)

Anyway, just thought I'd share!

TTFN! Grin

Email   IP Logged
phrank_131619
artist

Re: Wow! I just got my first Sale!
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2007, 3:48pm

SmileyCongratulations Shari..Its a great feeling.. Enjoy....capt.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2007, 3:59pm

Congrats!  This is just the beginning and let's hope you celebrate with each sale Smiley  Is your Holiday Cottage card your art or your mother's?  It's charming and has made our GCU Picks list:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/viewdetails.asp?pid=115096&pag e=1&aid=132735

Email   IP Logged
Shari_132735
artist

Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2007, 4:38pm

Wow!  Shocked How cool is that Mindy!  Yes, the Holiday Cottage is my late mothers watercolor painting, however, I did photograph it.

That is really neat!  Thanks for placing it on the GCU picks list!  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Rosanne_132497
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2007, 5:02pm

Hi Shari,

Congratulations - it's a great feeling. I joined last month and made a sale after about three weeks but it's been a bit of a drought since! I'm a photographer rather than illustrator too. Your cards are lovely - especially the damask ones.

All the best,

Rosanne

Red Rose Digital Art Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/RedRoseDigitalArt
Email   IP Logged
Cara_131386
artist

Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2007, 5:08pm

Congratulations Shari, may there be many, many more sales!  You have a lovely store Smiley  I would imagine you really cherish your mother's artwork.  I took a look and its very beautiful!  My mother was an artist to, but unfortunately she didn't do very many pieces Smiley and she was so busy raising us kids that we took priority.  But my memories of her painting and using pastels and oil paints will be there forever.  Good luck here at GCU, its a great place!  Happy holidays to you!

Email   IP Logged
Mariana_131409
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - Dec 11th, 2007, 8:14pm

Congratulations Shari! I wish you many more sales! Cheers, Mariana

Email   IP Logged
lisa_jain_132570
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #7 - Dec 12th, 2007, 11:22am

Many Congrats Shari,  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Dec 12th, 2007, 11:53am

Congratulations!  I got another sale today as well, it was from DateBoxx.com, a referral I guess.  One of the cards was one I put up as an experiment.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.