Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

What category cards are you working on now? (Read 1735 times)
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

What category cards are you working on now?
Dec 11th, 2007, 10:28am

I am just wondering what card categories people are working on now. Still Christmas?  New Years?  Valentines?

Email   IP Logged
phrank_131619
artist

Re: What category cards are you working on now?
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2007, 11:20am

SmileyValentines would be my guess now..Its getting to late for Xmas ..still time for New Years..The more Valentines you make now , the better. Give people a chance to browse early...capt.

Email   IP Logged
Mariana_131409
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2007, 7:11pm

Yes, I've started working on the Valentine's cards now too ... though I doubt if anyone will be looking for them yet Cheesy Still, good to have a few up by the time they do.  

Cheers, Mariana

Email   IP Logged
Wendy_132744
artist

Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2007, 12:46am

Yes, I finnished Christmas now.  I have a New Years card to come out today some time.  and I'm working on some age specific Birthday cards but I have a message on my page saying that I will make them up in any age requested (even double figures)
There seems to be a shortage of children's birthday cards that can be for any gender so I'm sorting that out

Email   IP Logged
Karen_131257
artist

Reply #4 - Dec 12th, 2007, 2:24am

Hi
I work on all kinds of cards all year round, but I may keep some aside until nearer the right time for them, then upload. I sold a handful of Easter cards a while ago and it was nowhere near Easter, so you never know when people will buy them!. I am still working on Christmas cards right now because I will be taking new Christmassy photo`s throughout the holiday season with all the decorations, trees etc that are abundant right now... and if/when we get snow, whether it`s before or after Christmas/New year, I will use some of my photo`s for new cards for next year!. I will be shooting for Valentine`s and other occasions all year too, whenever  find something to photograph that fits in with the theme, or if we get bad weather or other reason I can`t get out with the camera, that`s when I set up my "props" indoors!. Any cards I have that are suitable I also use as a blank card and keep as a template for if anyone wants the same front for a different occasion or a different verse inside!. Even if the occasion is long passed or far away in the future, it doesn`t hurt to make the cards and keep them aside to give yourself a head start for when they are appropriate!
((hugs))
Karen

Email   IP Logged
Hilly_132655
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Dec 17th, 2007, 1:02am

I´m just trying to fill up the shop with anything that goes so I can finally make a sale  Grin

I just wish we had a way to make sections in the shops ......

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Re: Shop Sections/Categories
Reply #6 - Dec 17th, 2007, 5:18am

It would be nice to have sections in the shops...an area for holidays, occasions, etc.  Even if the customer didn't see it laid out that way (but that would be wonderful), it would help me be organized.  Right now I have christmas mixed with valentines that are bunched up with PJ parties and 12 step recovery cards.  My store is a zoo and I haven't the foggiest how to straighten it out.  I know it says something to the effect of "simply drag and drop your cards in the order that you want them".  I must not be a good drag and dropper...mine just hop every where.  I wonder if you can make multiple selections at a time to move?

Email   IP Logged
Audrey_132599
artist

Reply #7 - Dec 18th, 2007, 1:34pm

I also would like headings for each section.At least separate the everyday cards from the holidays. More organization is needed.  

Thanks,  

Audrey

Email   IP Logged
Kerra_131306
artist

Reply #8 - Dec 18th, 2007, 7:31pm

Quote from Linda_132742 on Dec 11th, 2007, 10:28am:
I am just wondering what card categories people are working on now. Still Christmas?  New Years?  Valentines?

I started working on Valentine's ones as of this week--No Christmas sales in the past two days so I'm thinking perhaps this 'season' is over for card sales for the most part.

Merry Christmas to you guys!
Smiley
-Kerra

Icansketchu Paper Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/icansketchu
Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.