Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

My name or Store name (Read 1376 times)
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

My name or Store name
Dec 6th, 2007, 6:37am

Is it best to put my own name on the card or my store's name?  Linda Klemanski or Flying Horse Design?

Email   IP Logged
Cara_131386
artist

Re: My name or Store name
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2007, 6:54am

Hi Linda!  Welcome to GCU Smiley  I am not sure that it makes much difference if you go by your name or Flying Horse Designs.  I have to say I like the latter Smiley  It's catchy!  Someone should answer your question soon.  Have a great day and you have a lovely store!  I love the cat painting the dog Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Lorie_132587
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2007, 11:29am

Crockpot Productions is comprised of me and my fiancé, Mike.  So here's what we do.  Since he's the one that draws everything, I include his signature somewhere *in* the artwork.  (I'm the one that does the color, shading, highlights, effects, etc.)  Then I include "Crockpot Productions" somewhere else on the card.  I also have the store name set up using the 'company' name.  That way, he gets the recognition for being the artist AND we get exposure for the company.  This is particularly useful since we have shops on other POD sites, too.

So... in sum, you could include your signature in your artwork somewhere but have the store name be your 'company' name.

Hope this helps!   Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #3 - Dec 6th, 2007, 4:42pm

It's up to you!  I'd just advise that you pick one way and be consistent.

Early next year we hope to offer an "about the artist" blurb for the back of the card.  That would be a place where you can tell more about the artist(s) behind the storename.  Just something to keep in mind.

Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Dec 6th, 2007, 7:50pm

Mindy-

So glad an "about the artist" section is in the works for next year!

-Ernestine

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131906
artist

Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2007, 7:52pm

Quote from Mindy on Dec 6th, 2007, 4:42pm:
It's up to you!  I'd just advise that you pick one way and be consistent.

Early next year we hope to offer an "about the artist" blurb for the back of the card.  That would be a place where you can tell more about the artist(s) behind the storename.  Just something to keep in mind.

Mindy

Hi Mindy...and all...

that is a great idea....a blurb about the artist...one of my clients mentioned the fact that it would be nice to see something about the artist on the back ...so this would be great!!!  

Thanks for always making things better...

Cheers,
Diana

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.