Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Please Explain the purpose of Profiling and (Read 2164 times)
Shari_132735
artist

Please Explain the purpose of Profiling and
Dec 5th, 2007, 1:46pm

why is profiling not consistant with catagories?  I can find a Thinking of You catagory under the Catagory choices.  However, when asked to Profile, there is NO Thinking of You choice under the Occasions & Holiday Tab.  There is a Thank You but NO Thinking of You choice.  Is it possible to make a choice on the Occasions & Holiday Tab for Thinking of You so that it would be consistant when one chooses Occasions-Thinking of You under Catagory?  If not, then what choice do I make on the Occasions & Holiday Tab when I choose Occasions-Thinking of You as my Catagory?

Thanks for your help from this confused newbie. undecided

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Re: Please Explain the purpose of Profiling and
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2007, 11:43pm

Hi, Shari!

There is a big difference between profiling and card categories.

Card cegories are for customer searches and browsing. For example, if a customer does a search for 'thinking of you' the results will show the cards in the 'thinking of you' category. Or they could go to that specific category and browse.

Profiling isn't for searches. Here's what Mindy says in the topic Profiling 101:

"In order for cards to be considered for email reminders they must be profiled however not all cards are appropriate for reminders and should not be profiled.  The card must be specific to an occasion & holiday that we send reminders for (birthdays, anniversaries, graduation, most holidays)."

Profiling is used strictly for Big Dates' email reminder services (GCU is powered by Bigdates-Solutions). A reminder wouldn't need to be sent for 'thinking of you' - it isn't an event which requires a date and a reminder of that date( for example - a party, an anniversery, birthday, holidays, etc.). That's why you won't find 'thinking of you' in the profiling section. If your card isn't appropriate - and it sounds like it isn't - then it shouldn't be profiled.

As an example, if you made a card 'Happy Birthday to My Aunt' then you would profile the card under Birthday, the specific relationship 'Aunt' and recipient would be 'female.' However, Thinking of You - unless it's holiday oriented, like 'Thinking of you at Christmas' - isn't a card which requires profiling as it wouldn't be used in a reminder. Just be sure you put it in the right category and use good keywords, which are picked up by on-site and off-site searches.

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Shari_132735
artist

Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2007, 9:58am

Dear Corrie,

Thanks for the explanation.  It does help clarify things, however, that leads me to ask the question, "why does Thank you show up on the profiling tab for Occasions & Holiday if one does not set up reminders from Big-Dates for Thank You's"?  Wouldn't that be something that would be found by a category search not profiling?

Thanks for the help!

Shari
www.flowerswithfeelingscentral.com

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Dec 6th, 2007, 10:19am

I'm guessing because one generally sends Thank You cards after an event such as a wedding, which would be included in a reminder. I don't know for sure.

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #4 - Dec 6th, 2007, 12:17pm

Good eye!

"Thank You" is an exception that was created for an online flower company that used our reminder services.  

Reminder service users can create a Thank You reminder but it is lightly used if at all.  If they do get an email reminder, profiled GCU Thank You cards do get suggested.

There's no harm in profiling your Thank You cards.  If it is confusing we can remove this listing from the Occasion Profile.

Mindy

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.