Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

how are the christmas card sales going? (Read 2926 times)
Cathie_131660
artist

how are the christmas card sales going?
Nov 14th, 2007, 9:58am

i was wondering if any of you had experienced the christmas card buying rush yet?  i see a few sprinkled in the popular cards section.  there are so many good ones i am having a hard time deciding which i am going to buy to send out  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Re: how are the christmas card sales going?
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2007, 10:43am

haven't sold any cry  it maybe early yet

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2007, 11:23am

It's not even Thanksgiving yet. We think a lot of people don't buy cards this early. Also don't forget, one of GCU's features is the ability to send the cards directly to the recipients if desired, which is a great convenience if the buyer doesn't have a lot of time, so I doubt they'd want to send Christmas cards this early. Give it time.

Corrie
http://www.correweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Patricia_131634
artist

Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2007, 3:30pm

Hi all-
I haven't experienced what could be termed a rush yet by any means, but I do have a  Smiley to share. Of the 3 original Christmas cards I put up last month, 1 sold 1 card, 1 sold 2 cards, and the third has sold 33 cards....and it was a test shot that was never intended to be turned into a card. I put it up just to see what would happen. Go figure!

Happy card-making!
Pat_131634

Email   IP Logged
Tom_131437
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2007, 4:26pm

Mine are picking up...I hope that after Thanksgiving it really gathers some steam. Fingers crossed! But whether they hit big or not, creating them has been a blast!

Email   IP Logged
Catherine_131549
artist

Reply #5 - Nov 15th, 2007, 1:22am

Hi,

I've sold 6 christmas cards to date. Not exactly a rush, but it it all helps! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Nov 15th, 2007, 12:11pm

I've sold 15 Christmas cards--all of one design!  I think the sales for Christmas cards will really start to come in after Thanksgiving.

Email   IP Logged
Teresa_132055
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #7 - Nov 15th, 2007, 4:25pm

I haven't sold any of my Christmas cards yet, hopefully someone might buy one...but then it depends on people being dog lovers (plenty of those out there though Wink) I will have to get on and do some non dog one too.
I have only sold 5 cards in total so far...but it is still early days, and each one sold makes me smile so much, heaven knows what I will be like if I ever sell a bulk order... Grin
Good luck to everyone for the Christmas rush!

Email   IP Logged
Karen_131257
artist

Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2007, 3:15pm

Hi
I thought I would give it a while before responding, but it`s now december and I haven`t sold a single Christmas card, it`s disappointing because I have worked hard getting them photographed, edited, designed and uploaded. I took a look at the card gallery and sadly when looking at the cards in individual themes (Christmas, Easter etc) they don`t give an option for "last" page, and only a few pages to click on. My cards and those of many other designers are buried because most people won`t bother to click on very many pages to view older cards.  It would be nice if there were more pages to click on and a"last" page so people can view older but just as lovely cards.  
When viewing my own store I can see a wider choice of pages to choose from... including "last", but not when I view other people`s stores or individual themes Sad
Karen

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Dec 4th, 2007, 3:27pm

i had a 25 card bulk sale in sept.  and today had a 15 card bulk sale from an aol search for modern christmas cards.  i thought about it today it is going to have to pick up soon or they won't make it in time

Email   IP Logged
Catherine_131549
artist

Reply #10 - Dec 5th, 2007, 10:13am

HI,

I've now sold 45 Xmas cards - but about 15 of them were for me! I had a surprise yesterday as I had a bulk sale of 16 on one of my early Xmas card designs, so you just never know - keep at it, because, for me, Xmas cards sales have picked up over the last week alone.

Good luck everyone  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #11 - Dec 5th, 2007, 10:19am

Karen,  
Don't be discouraged if you have not sold any Christmas designs yet--there is still lots of time--remember many people send the cards direct to their friends from GCU.
Also, people coming to look for Christmas cards may not buy a Christmas card, but may buy some other card you have available, so you just never know! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Lorie_132587
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #12 - Dec 5th, 2007, 10:26am

We haven't sold a single card yet either.  Sad
Anyone have any suggestions??

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.