Pages: 1 2 
feedback (Read 4926 times)
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Re: feedback
Reply #15 - Nov 9th, 2007, 5:29pm

Sally-

Your paintings are sweet! Listen to the pros, get more cards up there, with different designs. . . I'm one to talk, I've been with GCU since March and only have less than 25 different cards up right now, but I have had regular sales and repeats on certain cards.  I KNOW I'd do much better with more cards.  I, too, am finding my "niche."
I think that adding cards "regularly" is a good thing, too, if you can (a "do as I say not as I do" thing here) but I find when I add new stuff I seem to get a sale. . . maybe not even what I just added.

About your watercolor scan issue:  I've tried putting a folded towel on top of the art and then something heavy like a large book on top.  I do this when scanning collage art (that will fit in the scanner), too.  But for larger pieces, I find photographing them works far better

I think you'll find a lot of good support here at GCU.  It's always going to be competitive, but the staff and the artists all help eachother out here.

-Ernestine

Email   IP Logged
Sally_131793
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: feedback
Reply #16 - Nov 9th, 2007, 7:16pm

Thanks, everybody, and thanks, Mindy. All your suggestions were good, and I've got some ideas already. You will see come MOnday or Tuesday, I will have quite a few more I'm going to upload.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.