Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Gay/Lesbian E-mail (Read 1771 times)
Patricia_132015
artist

Gay/Lesbian E-mail
Sep 26th, 2007, 11:38am

Angry I got two e-mails with that title for a new topic. Was that some prank? I think it was. Glad you got it in time. Though, it would have been better if I never got the e-mail in the first place. Angry Shocked Shocked Shocked Angry Hmmmmm Tongue Sad. Wonder if others got that e-mail. It bugs me Sad. Glad we never got to see what the e-mail was about as it never got into the forum as far as I've seen yet.

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Re: Gay/Lesbian E-mail
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2007, 11:44am

Hi Patricia,

This was actually just a request from a customer for Gay/Lesbian cards.  If they had typed "Gay" or "Lesbian", or even "Gay Lesbian" without the slash they would have found over a hundred cards.  

Sorry for the confusion.    

Shaun

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2007, 11:48am

i got it but having gotten other card design request emails i knew what it was about.  perhaps the search engine could be tweaked a little to include "forms of subjects" searched that might help.  then the slash would not have been an issue and they could have located the cards they wanted to find.

Email   IP Logged
phrank_131619
artist

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2007, 11:49am

It is However a shame that a "/" kept 100 cards from being viewed...capt.

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2007, 12:08pm

We have updated our search engine to treat this character as a space, so it won't prevent others from finding cards in the future.

Shaun

Email   IP Logged
phrank_131619
artist

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2007, 12:12pm

WinkThanks Shaun...capt.

Email   IP Logged
Brandi_131489
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2007, 12:50pm

Quote from Patricia_132015 on Sep 26th, 2007, 11:38am:
Angry I got two e-mails with that title for a new topic. Was that some prank? I think it was. Glad you got it in time. Though, it would have been better if I never got the e-mail in the first place. Angry Shocked Shocked Shocked Angry Hmmmmm Tongue Sad. Wonder if others got that e-mail. It bugs me Sad. Glad we never got to see what the e-mail was about as it never got into the forum as far as I've seen yet.

Uhm ... not sure I follow what you are trying to say. Are you suggesting that you have a problem with gay cards?

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #7 - Sep 27th, 2007, 3:30pm

I think we'd all like to receive less SPAM which this email may have looked like at a glance.

Email   IP Logged
Patricia_132015
artist

Reply #8 - Sep 27th, 2007, 6:06pm

I don't think I could do Gay/Lesbian cards and I tried to open the e-mail and all I got for it was back or not aloud and so I was upset to get an e-mail like this and not able to read the e-mail. There for, I think it's a prank. Would I do Gay/Lesbian cards? Most likely not. Besides all that. Where do you draw the line of what is o.k. and what is not? A gay or lesbian can buy any card they want, it's a free country. I was wondering what kind of card they are asking about that they would want any of the artist to do and all I get is the e-mail and then I go to check it out and it says denied and so I'm thinking it's all a big joke e-mail to stir things up. I'm being long winded again embarrassed lips sealed. Does that help explain my frustration better Sad Angry Shocked Tongue Roll Eyes? I sure hope so and if anyone else did get to read the e-mail I could not get into to read, let me know what it was all about or if it's just some joke.

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #9 - Sep 27th, 2007, 6:27pm

Quote from Patricia_132015 on Sep 27th, 2007, 6:06pm:
if anyone else did get to read the e-mail I could not get into to read, let me know what it was all about or if it's just some joke.

Patricia,

The email that you received was a simply customer's request for "Gay/Lesbian" cards.  It was not a joke or a prank.    

We deleted the topic because GCUniverse has plenty of gay and lesbian cards, they just didn't show up because the customer used a forward slash (/), and our search engine did not recognize it.

Sorry for the confusion.  

Shaun

Email   IP Logged
Patricia_132015
artist

Reply #10 - Sep 27th, 2007, 6:31pm

Thanks Wink Smiley Grin.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.