Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Matt or gloss (Read 1628 times)
Karen_131257
artist

Matt or gloss
Sep 26th, 2007, 8:03am

Hi
Would it be possible to offer customers the choice of matt or gloss paper when ordering, instead of artists having to choose and maybe choosing the opposite of what a buyer may want?
I have found with my photographic prints, when I offered them on matt people wanted gloss, when I offered gloss they wanted matt... now I offer either and make more sales because the customer has a choice.
Just a thought Roll Eyes
Thanks
Karen

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Re: Matt or gloss
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2007, 8:10am

i would like this to be an option as well

Email   IP Logged
Cara_131386
artist

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2007, 8:20am

Hi!  I agree that for photographs, its probly best for the customer to decide if they want matte or glossy.  However this presents a problem for art that is not photography.  Because I can look at one of my designs and say "well that would be better as matte" or vice versa, but I'm not sure if the customer would know.  I know because I am familiar with my design enough to make that call, with texture and what not.  Most of mine I do glossy but some I click matte, it just depends on the art.  Any other artists feel the same?  Tough call.

Email   IP Logged
Liz_131570
artist

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2007, 4:06pm

I definitely feel that the customer should make the choice.  Otherwise, I will have to upload a copy of all my work in order to offer it in matte or glossy.  I would rather not do that.  I actually prefer the matte for my photography, but I would like the customers to have a choice.  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Cara_131386
artist

Reply #4 - Sep 27th, 2007, 6:07am

It might be nice if at all of GCU stores the customer has the choice of matte or glossy with a spot for *this artist recommends a matte finish for this card* or *this artist recommends a glossy finish for this card* .. just an idea.  I don't know if it can be done, just throwing it out there.  At least that way the artist has some input of how his/her design should be printed out, for the best results.  If the customer chooses to read the recommendation for glossy or matte, and decides to do it their own way, that would their choice, but at least it is there as a recommendation.  Just throwing thoughts out there!  Have a creative day everyone!   kiss

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2007, 10:36am

Our intent was to give the artists, the ones with the vision and inspiration, the control to choose the finish that best compliments your card(s).  I think in most cases you will be the best judge.

Although we have not had any complaints, agreed, some buyers do have a preference.  

I will see if we can give the shopper the option to override your setting and choose their own finish when they purchase their card.  

Thanks for your input,
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Karen_131257
artist

Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2007, 1:59am

Hi Mindy
Thanks, it would be helpful.
Maybe the option for the artist to disable customer choice for matt or gloss finish, if she/he really wants to offer just the one choice, just as I can disable certain tshirt colours etc from being purchased from my gift shop, there are designs that simply won`t work in all choices and I can decide to enable or disable the customer to select!. I know it means more work but would help, thanks for all the hard work you guys do here to keep everything working smoothly...
Karen

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.