Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

question for Americans (Read 2055 times)
eugenia_131318
artist

question for Americans
Sep 23rd, 2007, 1:51am

Just wondering how many americans actually send Halloween cards to each other.
We don't celebrate the day here - hence the question!

Email   IP Logged
Kerra_131306
artist

Re: question for Americans
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2007, 8:18am

Smiley  Hi there!  We celebrate it here for sure---over a month long 'theme' of Halloween everything.  My boys are already running around in costumes....Cards are big for us since our famiyl is spread out all over the world.  

We tend to buy 'happy and cute' Halloween cards.

Smiley
-Kerra

Icansketchu Paper Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/icansketchu
Email   IP Logged
Patricia_132015
artist

Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2007, 11:06am

Candy, candy, candy! And don't forget costumes and all things Halloween Grin Grin Wink Smiley! If people don't celebrate Halloween, then it's just candy, candy, candy or treats day 0 : ). I love drawing Halloween cards and will have some more up in October 2007 Wink Smiley. If I don't dress up in a costume then it's giving out treats. I remember all good treats on Halloween Smiley. Your only as old as you feel Wink Smiley. Let's see, pumpkins, black cats, spiders, ghosts, a full moon, witches, etc... and lots of candy Grin Grin Grin Wink!!!http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/firebirdscardstore

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2007, 3:02pm

Halloween is very big in here in New England and the Northeast.  (The "Legend of Sleepy Hollow" and the Salem Witch trials may contribute to this.)  I think, too, that folks send Halloween cards to re-connect after the summer and sending a Halloween card is one of the ways to do this.  It's the first big "holiday" of the fall/early winter holiday season that kids and adults can enjoy.  Working in the home decor and crafts industry, I see that an amazing amount of Halloween merchandise is purchased.  You folks in GB and Europe should start sending Halloween cards (from GCU of course) and start a new trend!

-E

Email   IP Logged
eugenia_131318
artist

Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2007, 6:36pm

Thanks for the replies - I think we just don't "get" the halloween concept here in Australia Wink

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Sep 25th, 2007, 3:44am

Hi there,

I've seen an increase of Halloween items in the stores over here in Holland over the last years, but it will never be as big as in the US. I think what holds us back is a holiday called Sint Maarten (Saint Martin). It's Catholic in origin and it involves kids going from door to door with a paper lantern singing Sint Maarten songs in exchange for candy. It's celebrated on the 11th of November - so very close to Halloween - and eventhough they don't dress up, the 'going door to door for candy'  aspect is very similar.

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Teresa_132055
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - Sep 25th, 2007, 4:22am

Halloween isn't that big in the England, though is does seem to be getting more popular these days. I love Halloween and if I ever get to visit America I would like to go over at that time to experience the whole celebrations USA style.. Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.