Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Any chance of... (Read 2842 times)
Teresa_132055
GCU Newbies
artist

Any chance of...
Sep 21st, 2007, 3:15am

...a space to put additional information about our cards? Perhaps on the detailed view of each card pop-up perhaps. I would like to be able to let people know a bit more about certain cards i.e the location a photo card was taken. Plus on certain designs I will also have matching badges and other items with the same design that might be of interest to the buyer, it would be great to let them know about these. I have a link on my website to direct people to my GCU shop, so it would be nice to let them know about related items on my site via GCU.

What does everyone else think about this idea? Is there extra info you would like to give customers about your cards, such as who inspired a particular card etc...I think this would enhance the appeal of some cards.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: Any chance of...
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2007, 12:21pm

Quote from Teresa_132055 on Sep 21st, 2007, 3:15am:
...a space to put additional information about our cards? Perhaps on the detailed view of each card pop-up perhaps. I would like to be able to let people know a bit more about certain cards i.e the location a photo card was taken. Plus on certain designs I will also have matching badges and other items with the same design that might be of interest to the buyer, it would be great to let them know about these. I have a link on my website to direct people to my GCU shop, so it would be nice to let them know about related items on my site via GCU.

What does everyone else think about this idea? Is there extra info you would like to give customers about your cards, such as who inspired a particular card etc...I think this would enhance the appeal of some cards.

It's doable, a new field in the creating a card process.  It could be displayed in the card image rollover as Comments or Notes under the Keywords.  If blank the heading would not appear.  I'd like to see if other Artists would use/value this feature.

2 cents anyone?  Roll Eyes

Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Shauna_131966
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2007, 12:35pm

I think having a description field for our cards is a great idea, and was disappointed when I joined last month that there was not one.   So this definitely gets my vote!

Plus, a description section also helps with SEO for search engines, which would bring more customers!

Email   IP Logged
Brandi_131489
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2007, 12:42pm

SEO improvement was my first thought. I'm for it.

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131448
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2007, 3:12pm

I hadn't thought of this before, but it sounds like a good thing. I know from "in person" sales experience, that a short story or description to go with an item often helps to sell it!  Wink

Kat  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Patricia_131634
artist

Reply #5 - Sep 21st, 2007, 5:05pm

I think it's great, as well! I'd love to tell shoppers a little bit about how a card came to be.

Email   IP Logged
Tamara_132150
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - Sep 24th, 2007, 12:00pm

What a great idea and one that I would use.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Karen_131257
artist

Reply #7 - Sep 25th, 2007, 1:49am

Hi  
I too would love the chance to tell my customers more about the card, where a photo was taken etc... I think it`s a wonderful idea Smiley
Karen

www.greetingcarduniverse.com/Rainbow

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #8 - Oct 4th, 2007, 9:54am

We are working on an "Artist's Notes" field that will allow you to add specific comments about the card/image/art.  Initally this will be a "display only" field that will show in the card image rollover.

Down the road we may consider adding this as optional text for the shopper to have printed on the inside of the card.  

Important to note, this will be card specific and should not be used as a general "About the Artist".

In the first quarter of 2008 are planning some improved functions/services with our printing partner.  One of which is the customization of the back of the card which will allow the artist's credits and possibly an "About the Artists" to be printed on the back along with the GCUniverse logo.

Stay tuned!

Email   IP Logged
Teresa_132055
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2007, 3:11pm

That sounds great Mindy, I am sure other artists would welcome both additions as much as I would... Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Kerra_131306
artist

Reply #10 - Oct 5th, 2007, 3:06pm

Quote from Mindy on Oct 4th, 2007, 9:54am:
We are working on an "Artist's Notes" field that will allow you to add specific comments about the card/image/art.  Initally this will be a "display only" field that will show in the card image rollover.

Down the road we may consider adding this as optional text for the shopper to have printed on the inside of the card.  

Important to note, this will be card specific and should not be used as a general "About the Artist".

In the first quarter of 2008 are planning some improved functions/services with our printing partner.  One of which is the customization of the back of the card which will allow the artist's credits and possibly an "About the Artists" to be printed on the back along with the GCUniverse logo.

Stay tuned!

These new inovations are so exciting!
What a wonderful plan to put in artists' information---AND the descriptors, (if applicable), to how the card was created; photo place taken, etc.  I know I like to know a 'story' behind something--it makes it more 'valuable'.

Go, GCU!
-Kerra
www.icansketchu.com

Icansketchu Paper Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/icansketchu
Email   IP Logged
Diana_131906
artist

Reply #11 - Oct 5th, 2007, 6:22pm

that is a great idea!!!! can't wait!!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.