Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Keywords for shop (Read 1549 times)
Tamara_132150
GCU Newbies
artist

Keywords for shop
Sep 20th, 2007, 2:44pm

I had skipped over the keyword part of my shop and now that I'm ready to add keywords I can't find the page that lets me do that. Please point me in the right direction?

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: Keywords for shop
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2007, 4:18pm

Hello,
To add keywords to each of your cards go to Manage Cards under Images & Cards on your Admin Settings page.  Click "Edit" in the first box next to each card image.  This will take you back to the Card Image Details page.

There is a field for keywords.  A tip, keywords should be specific to each card and describe the nature/image of the card.  You do not need to use artist name, category name or any combination of "paper card", "greeting card", etc.

Let us know if you have more q's.
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Tamara_132150
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2007, 7:28pm

I don't mean the keywords for each card, I mean the keywords for the shop. On my store front there is a section with the header Keywords but I can't find where to add those keywords.

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2007, 10:55pm

Hi Tamara,

When you add keywords to your cards, they will show up in your store.

Email   IP Logged
Tamara_132150
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2007, 6:25am

Thank you, I see how that works now.

One more question, do I actually have to have the keywords showing in my shop for them to work or do the work because they are "attached" to each card?

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Sep 21st, 2007, 6:36am

Hi Tamara,

No, you don't have to show the keywords in your shop for them to work as they are attached to the cards. Customers can search for cards by typing a keyword. If your card has that keyword it will pop up in the seach results.

Email   IP Logged
Tamara_132150
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - Sep 21st, 2007, 6:38am

Thank you Corrie, that's good to know. I think showing the long list of keywords in the shop is a bit distracting and I'm happy to know I can hide that.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Sep 22nd, 2007, 8:17am

Hi Mindy,  
I have a question about keywords.  You indicated that you did not need to include the artist name or things like greeting card, etc..  I have struggled with what to put on keywords ever since I started a couple months ago, so it was great to read this post!  My question is, if I include things like artist name, photo card, card or other generic type words in my keywords does this hurt me in the rankings?  Just wondering if I need to do any cleanup work on my old cards.  I did use keywords to describe the image, so that is there, but I also included other words which it seems I did not need to include.  Any advice is appreciated.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.