Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

When your sell a card... (Read 2398 times)
Teresa_132055
GCU Newbies
artist

When your sell a card...
Sep 20th, 2007, 4:22am

Hi there,

I just wondered if anyone can tell me, when you sell a card do you get notified? I have been checking every day to see if any thing has sold (I realise I may never have a sale, but am still new here so it's exciting...lol)
I have had hundreds of store and card clicks and I also realise this means nothing, I am going to keep adding to my collection, but was just curious as to what (if anything) happens when you finally sell a card.

Cheers,
Teresa

Email   IP Logged
Natasha_131723
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: When your sell a card...
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2007, 5:00am

Hi Teresa,

Like you, I am also new, I started sometime over the summer and I have sold 2 cards so far. It doesn't seem like much and sometimes it makes me wonder if I will ever sell another card, but it is exciting.

To answer your question though, GCU does send an email notification when a card is sold.

Best of luck to you, I'm quite sure you'll do great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natasha

Email   IP Logged
eugenia_131318
artist

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2007, 5:11am

To answer your question though, GCU does send an email notification when a card is sold.

It does??????????????

Email   IP Logged
Natasha_131723
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2007, 5:39am

GCU sent me an email when I sold my first card, not sure if they continue to do so for  other card sales.  

Sorry if I my post was misleading.

Natasha

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2007, 5:52am

I received notification on my first GCU sale, but did not get notified on any future sales.  However, you can see sales when you manage your store.  You will even be able to see exactly what card sold.
Hope this helps; and good luck to you.  It is hard waiting for your first sale; and then you always wonder will I make another sale.

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2007, 6:04am

Hello, ladies!

To answer your questions... GCU sends an email notification only upon the sale of your first card. After that, you'll need to check your Sales Report. One of the things GCU is working on is a notification for every sale, but its not here yet.

Pretty sure the stats are updated at midnight daily (in Holland, that's 10 o'clock in the morning!)

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Teresa_132055
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - Sep 20th, 2007, 10:27am

Thanks for your replies.
I shall keep my fingers crossed for that first e-mail then Wink

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #7 - Sep 20th, 2007, 10:33am

Correct!  We send an email upon your first card sale.  And yes, we are working on an order notification email for Artists.

Sounds like this would be a well received feature  Smiley

Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Patricia_132015
artist

Reply #8 - Sep 20th, 2007, 10:34am

I've sold one not to long ago Wink. I'm new too to this greeting card stuff too. This is one way to show off your art in making cards and to see what sells. Yes, they do let you know when you've sold a card Smiley. I've stopped adding cards as I'm trying to enter an art contest and hope I get it done and sent in before the deadline Roll Eyes cry Roll Eyes Tongue. Which means I have to send the art work through the post office. Maybe I might win something or at least an honorable mention. Honorable mention is most likely for me cry. I won't know anything if I don't try Wink. http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/firebirdscardstore

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131906
artist

Reply #9 - Sep 20th, 2007, 10:56am

THanksssssssssssss for the post....

I have sold a bunch of cards but never recieved notification...I will check my spam section and see if perhaps it gets blocked...

I just log on everyday to get updates...but thanks for the post...great idea and if it is happening then thanks for letting me know!!

CHeers
Diana

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #10 - Sep 20th, 2007, 11:21am

Quote from Diana_131906 on Sep 20th, 2007, 10:56am:

I have sold a bunch of cards but never recieved notification...I will check my spam section and see if perhaps it gets blocked...

I just log on everyday to get updates...but thanks for the post...great idea and if it is happening then thanks for letting me know!!

CHeers
Diana

Hi Diana,
You're not missing anything, no need to dig through spam (yikes!).  We send an email for your first order only.  We are working on an Artist notification email so you don't have to log on everyday to check-in.

Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131906
artist

Reply #11 - Sep 20th, 2007, 12:49pm

Quote from Mindy on Sep 20th, 2007, 11:21am:
Quote from Diana_131906 on Sep 20th, 2007, 10:56am:

CHeers
Diana

Hi Diana,
You're not missing anything, no need to dig through spam (yikes!).  We send an email for your first order only.  We are working on an Artist notification email so you don't have to log on everyday to check-in.

Mindy

Thanks Mindy...you are all so helpful!!!!  

Cheers,
Diana

Email   IP Logged
Teresa_132055
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #12 - Sep 20th, 2007, 2:52pm

Grin It's true! You do get an e-mail when you sell your first card, because I just got one!!
Woo hoo  Smiley
I don't know which one it was yet as it hasn't shown up in the store report yet, but I shall look forward to finding out.
*dances round excitedly*
Ahem, sorry about that...lol...I just had to share my joy... Wink

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.