Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Card Finish (Read 1384 times)
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Card Finish
Aug 25th, 2007, 6:47am

I noticed that we now have the option to select a card finish.  I have been selecting glossy for some of my new cards and it worked fine, however, when I tried to go back and update some of my old cards with the glossy finish I was unable to do so.  Should I be able to select glossy on cards already set up?  It would be great if I could because my photography usually looks best with a glossy finish.  Thanks! Smiley  
Kathy
www.greetingcarduniverse.com/KathyHenis

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: Card Finish
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2007, 10:58am

Hi Kathy,
Yes, this is a new feature that we haven't announced yet.

You should be able to change the Card Finish for existing cards via Manage Cards  by simply clicking on the word "glossy" or "matte".  Tell me more about what happens when you click.  I just tried it and it worked ok for me.

Very soon, hopefully this week, we'll have a Global Preferences page that will allow you to change some of your defaults for new cards as well as apply changes to all of your existing cards.  

I'll post this on News & Anno board when available.
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2007, 11:59am

Hi Mindy,
I just tried it again and here is what happens:  I am able to select glossy finish and it looks like the card is updating, but when I go back to see if it is still glossy the matte finish is selected.  This only happens on cards which were loaded before the change in card finish.  I am able to select a finish with the new cards without any problems.
Thanks for the help.
Kathy

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2007, 3:48pm

Hi Kathy,
This should now be fixed.  Let me know if you continue to have problems w/ it.
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2007, 10:24am

Mindy,
It works beautifully now!  Thanks for adding this option!
Kathy

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.