Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Real Name Showing (Read 1147 times)
Lauren_131957
GCU Newbies
artist

Real Name Showing
Aug 22nd, 2007, 5:34pm

Hi, I just signed up for a GCU store and read the terms of service agreement.  It said that our personal information would not be disclosed.   However, my first and last name is showing underneath the first card I submitted and I don't want my last name shown for privacy reasons.  I absolutely must not have my real last name showing.  How can I change that?  I can't figure out how...

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131906
artist

Re: Real Name Showing
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2007, 6:15pm

Hi Lauren...

when you creat a card with an image you specify Image by: then your name....just change that field to your first name and it will only show your first name...

Email   IP Logged
Lauren_131957
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2007, 6:32pm

Oh good, thanks!  I couldn't figure it out.  I'll look for that when I submit my next card.  Thanks for your reply.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2007, 7:09pm

Hi Lauren,

Welcome to GCUniverse!

We do apologize for the confusion.  As Diana noted, when you create your cards you can specify the artist name in the "Image By" field.

In addition, you can modify the artist name on the existing cards in your account by visiting the Manage Cards section, then clicking Edit on the card that you would like to modify.  Change the artist name in the Image By field to any name that you would like to use.  

For the moment we've changed this name on your Halloween Pug Puppy card to: Lauren, so your last name will not be displayed.  

If you have any questions, please let me know.  

Shaun

Email   IP Logged
Lauren_131957
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2007, 7:14pm

Thanks!  You guys are awesome, thanks for your help.  One of the things that was confusing to me, is that I did go to Manage Store, then Manage Cards, then "Edit" in the box on the right, but when I clicked "Edit" it gave me a screen saying that my image was too low of a resolution and it wanted me to start over (even though the current card is the proper res.).  So... at that point I got confused and backed out.  But now that I do it again, it's not saying that, so go figure.  Thanks again for your help everyone.  This is a really neat site and I'm glad to see such friendly people.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131906
artist

Reply #5 - Aug 22nd, 2007, 8:46pm

you are most welcome! everyone here is so nice and very helpful...
good luck with your store!!!

Cheers
Diana

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.