Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Changes to Forum Notifications (Read 1657 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Changes to Forum Notifications
Aug 22nd, 2007, 4:07pm

The GCUniverse forum has proven itself to be a great resource.  In an effort to get more artists engaged, we will be making a change.  All artists will now receive email notifications for all new postings.

You can easily Manage your Board Notifications:  
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/login.asp?return=/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?action =shownotify

Let us know if you have any questions.
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Mary_131922
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: Changes to Forum Notifications
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:05pm

I know you mean well, but this is a bad idea. Personally I get way too much e-mail already and I don't like being opted into something automatically. It should be my choice whether or not I want to be notified of new postings, I most certainly should not have to take the time to come back here to opt out.

Mary

Email   IP Logged
_131851
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:26pm

Dear Mindy,
It's somewhat curious to me that GCU seeks more forum participation from the artists. My personal experience is that not all of my topics or questions have been responded to in the past. There is one matter of my questioning the possibility of acting as a representative in Germany, however this matter went unanswered. Another example to my most recent entry is copied below, which also has gone without a reply:

GCU Newbies*  

Does anyone else agree?
Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2007, 3:50am  

Hi Mindy,    
Could it be possible to offer the eCard in the paper card message format when writing the message? It would look much better in my opinion.

I know a lot of people that live abroad in Europe and would like to send their family & friends eCards. Why not offer a reasonably priced eCard from the artists categories?  Wink Whereby one could add a personal message & it appears like a real greeting card. This would be especially good for birthdays, Mother's, Father's Day, etc.? It could be done with wonderful Flash affects. Unicef already offers this to their customers. It would bring in extra revenues to GCU and bolster the paper card business.  Wink It's especially useful for the 'Belated Card' category for people that forget to send the paper card or are away or too busy.  
Just a suggestion and perhaps someone else might agree?
All the best,
Phyllis

Queen of DigitArts.com Card Store:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/2heartsStore
Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2007, 4:31pm

Quote from Mary_131922 on Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:05pm:
I know you mean well, but this is a bad idea. Personally I get way too much e-mail already and I don't like being opted into something automatically. It should be my choice whether or not I want to be notified of new postings, I most certainly should not have to take the time to come back here to opt out.

Mary

Hi Mary,
I certainly understand and I'm sure you are not alone.  We certainly have gone over this from many views and found this to be the best solution.  Our apologies that it requires you to take additional action.

The forum has been a tremendous resouce for artists and our staff.  It is the primary source for news, announcements, and so much more.  We get many questions via email that are discussed on the Forum.

Ideally we would have made this setting from day one with the proper expectations set.  Live and learn.  We are pleasantly surprised and elated over the value of the forum discussions and want to best leverage them for all users.

If you'd like to turn off all or select board notifications it honestly is just a few clicks.

I thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2007, 4:46pm

Quote from _131851 on Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:26pm:
Dear Mindy,
It's somewhat curious to me that GCU seeks more forum participation from the artists. My personal experience is that not all of my topics or questions have been responded to in the past. There is one matter of my questioning the possibility of acting as a representative in Germany, however this matter went unanswered. Another example to my most recent entry is copied below, which also has gone without a reply:

GCU Newbies*

Does anyone else agree?

Hi Mindy,  
Could it be possible to offer the eCard in the paper card message format when writing the message? It would look much better in my opinion.

I know a lot of people that live abroad in Europe and would like to send their family & friends eCards. Why not offer a reasonably priced eCard from the artists categories?  Wink Whereby one could add a personal message & it appears like a real greeting card. This would be especially good for birthdays, Mother's, Father's Day, etc.? It could be done with wonderful Flash affects. Unicef already offers this to their customers. It would bring in extra revenues to GCU and bolster the paper card business.  Wink It's especially useful for the 'Belated Card' category for people that forget to send the paper card or are away or too busy.
All the best,
Phyllis

Quote from _131851 on Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:26pm:
Dear Mindy,

GCU Newbies*

Does anyone else agree?

Hi Mindy,  

All the best,
Phyllis

Hi Phyllis,
We certainly hustle and attempt to do our best responding to items on the forum.  By no means would we encourage less participation.  It's the primary resource for communications and I think most artists will agree a valuable tool.  I believe many artists' questions are answered with a little reading and w/o having to make a post at all.

If a few of your posts have been overlooked or not responded to in a timely manner please accept my apologies.  It certainly happens.

Specifically your post and emails with Shaun seem to have been resolved:
http://forum.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1186596608/3#3

Please let us know if that is not the case.

As for your eCard question, I was waiting for any artists to reply to your question re: their opinions on higher functioning eCards for a fee.  It's certainly an interesting suggestion that I will put on our idea list when we get to focusing on the eCard side of our service.

Again, please accept my apologies.  We'll try to do better  embarrassed
Mindy

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.