Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

What Now? (Read 712 times)
Karen_131257
artist

What Now?
Aug 21st, 2007, 2:27pm

Hi
I have been unable to create and upload any new cards for a while because I have a lot going on personally, but I have over 1500 cards in my shop. I started to upload some new cards tonight and have noticed the size has changed, and also when I looked at all my existing cards they all say "Unacceptable image, resolution too low". Why were they all approved in the first place... I seem to be getting plenty of sales so it`s really confusing if the images are not acceptable. I cannot possibly re-do and resubmit all those images all over again, especially since a load of them were lost on a hard disk that crashed whilst I was burning to cd.
I will just have to shut my shop instead as I am having far too many personal problems to spend all that time on the site again... and I have just finished getting my shop promoted on my personal website too Sad
I`m in the process of a marriage breakdown and moving with my two children to a new house... this shop is a vital resource of much needed income to me so I really hope it is a mistake!  cry
((hugs))
Karen

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Re: What Now?
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2007, 3:45pm

Hello Karen,

Sorry to hear that you had trouble.  The dpi requirement was in fact recently changed.  We now require a setting of at least 180dpi for all images uploaded to GCUniverse.  It looks as though your existing images are all 72dpi.

Cards that had been created prior to the new requirement will still be available in your store, however, you will not be able to create any additional cards using these images.  

Any new images that you upload should still produce a 5x7 inch or 7x5 inch print.  For example:
2100x1500 Pixels at 300dpi
1400x1000 Pixels at 200dpi
1260x900 Pixels at 180dpi

The above examples will all produce 5x7 inch print, but for best results we recommend using 2100x1500 Pixels at 300dpi.

Again, we do apologize for the confusion, if you have any additional questions, please let me know.  

Shaun

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: What Now?
Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2007, 4:00pm

Hi Karen,
No worries and our apologies for alarming you.  As you can see from Shaun's reply your existing cards are fine and don't need to be reloaded.  We certainly don't want to lose you nor make your life more difficult.  

As we make progress and improve our site & services there's a bit of two steps forward, one step back (hopefully more forward than back)  Wink

I am sorry to hear about your challenges and life transitions.  I'm sure it has brought lots of stress and worry.  My best wishes of strength and patience for you.  

Yes, I too hope we can be a source of support and income for you!  
Mindy

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.