Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

WHAT A DEPRESSING STAT! (Read 1026 times)
Tom_131437
GCU Newbies
artist

WHAT A DEPRESSING STAT!
Jul 28th, 2007, 12:07pm

I just saw my clicks per purchase, the newly added stat. I'm going to bed now. Wink

I know that it's not my peak selling season yet, but that's an awfully high number of clicks per sale! Hopefully as we get nearer to Christmas, my ratio will be less anxiety-inducing!

Tom

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Re: WHAT A DEPRESSING STAT!
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2007, 11:07pm

Hi, Tom!

Don't be too depressed. As I understand it, a number of those clicks will be from search engine spiders cataloging the GCU pages. If I'm wrong, I'm sure Shaun will jump in here with the correct information.

Look at those clicks as potential sales. Somebody may not be in the market to actually buy a card today, but they may come back next week or next month. All exposure is good. Also, we have found that clicks doesn't necessarily translate into sales. A card can have two clicks and get sold, while another needs more than two hundred before a seller makes up her/his mind, and some cards are heavily cruised and haven't sold yet.

I think we'll all make more sales as the big selling season approaches. In the meantime, don't let the numbers get you down.  Cheesy

Corrie
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/corrieweb
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: WHAT A DEPRESSING STAT!
Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2007, 2:15pm

Corrie is correct on the clicks.  And some excellent advice, as usual, on not letting the statistic discourage you.  Thanks Corrie  Smiley

I'd expect your sales to pick up in the last quarter as we approach the winter holidays.  As a shopper I'm no where near thinking about December yet  Shocked

I noticed that nearly all of your cards are using the same two keywords;  festivus, christmas.  If you have the time you might want to consider adding a couple of additional keywords to some cards that further define it based on the cover art.  

For example: snowman, santa, holly, winter, pointsettia, three kids

Many of your cards have a vintage charm, "vintage" and/or "retro" may be a good keywords too.  I see some do have it in the card title.

I'm double checking w/ the tech team to see if having it in multiple places (title and keyword for example) raises it's value in search or not.

Have you contacted any of the Festivus blogs to see if they'd be interested in posting your card widget?   We're on the verge of offering a community/interest based widget.  The sellers would earn commissions on cards sold through the widget.  This would most likely be of interest to Festivus sites.

Just a few suggestions.  
Mindy

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.