Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Featured Cards (Read 1379 times)
Ruth_131575
GCU Newbies
artist

Featured Cards
Jul 24th, 2007, 10:03am

I have a suggestion that I'd like to throw out there for discussion.

With regards to the "featured cards" - it's nice to have the section on the front page but I'm not thrilled with having the featured cards shown on every page of my store. I find it repetitive and well, to be honest, a bit annoying seeing the same cards at the top of each page.

I wondered how you all felt about it and would like to suggest that the featured cards appear on the storefront only. What do you all think about this?

Thanks,

Ruth

Email   IP Logged
Gail_131703
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: Featured Cards
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2007, 7:18pm

Ruth, I think that is a great idea, to have the featured cards on the storefront only. (Or maybe there is a way GCU could make it make it an option.)

I have only recently gotten enough cards to have more than one page, and hadn't noticed this until you pointed it out. I definitely think it is an obstacle shoppers have to jump over, and I don't see much benefit to the artist. Showing the featured cards once would be enough for me.

What do others think?

Email   IP Logged
Ruth_131575
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2007, 7:41pm

Hi Gail,

Thanks for your input on this. I hadn't really noticed it because I must admit that I don't really look through my own store. I just happened to notice it today and as a result, reduced my featured cards to six and even considered turning off the option completely.  

Perhaps if the section was separated somewhat from the rest of the store and highlighted in some way it would help because currently they all just seem to run together.

Happy Selling!

Ruth

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2007, 4:48pm

Interesting suggestion.  And yes, if you are more selective with the cards you feature and update it often it does make a difference.  We've recently reduced it to 9 cards max.

I'll put it on the list to either differentiate the way it looks/stands out or only shows on the first storefront page.

As Ruth says, it is an optional module that can be turned "off".

Thanks for the comments.
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Ruth_131575
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2007, 6:08pm

Thanks Mindy.

Changing the way it looks seems like the best option to me. Simply turning off the feature completely would be a waste I think.  

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #5 - Jul 31st, 2007, 11:17am

Quote from Ruth_131575 on Jul 30th, 2007, 6:08pm:
Thanks Mindy.

Changing the way it looks seems like the best option to me. Simply turning off the feature completely would be a waste I think.

I've put it on our list.  

To make sure it's clear, artists can easily turn the Featured Products module on or off by editing your Store Content & Layout at:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/edit_store.asp

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.