Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Sub-categories (Read 912 times)
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Sub-categories
Jul 17th, 2007, 7:38am

Hi, I am fairly new to GCU; and I really appreciate the opportunity to have a place where I can share my art.  Having worked for IBM as a system analyst for 12 years, I cannot help but look at the website from a customer perspective.  As a customer, I think it would be very helpful to have the blank verse cards in a category separated from the cards with verse inside.  For example, under occasions category get well/feel better, it would make sense to have the customer be able to select cards with verse or cards without verse.  If I am looking for a card with words, I do not want to look at lots of cards without words before coming to one with words and vice versa.  I think our top priority has to be giving the customer a good experience so they will be repeat customers.  Thanks for giving us a way to input our suggestions.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: Sub-categories
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2007, 11:32pm

Hi Kathy,
Welcome to GCUniverse and thanks for posting your comments.

Absolutely the customer shopping experience is priority #1 and now that we've gotten to a great (and growing) collection of cards we are standing back to figure out how to better organize them for the shopper.

Thank you for your suggestion, I'll make sure we add it to our category makeover discussions.

Mindy
PS: I too had 12 years at IBM  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Patricia_131413
artist

Re: Sub-categories
Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2007, 3:41pm

I agree - I think having cards in the shops by catagories would be a great help - not only to the customer for searching and purchasing but to the artist as well for managment.

I was trying to organize my store by types of cards but it is difficult to see the seperation - as there is no clear header for each catagorie - like there are headers for favorites -  

sections and subsections would be great!!!!!

Thanks - Love GCU!!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.