Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Did GCUniverse change your life? (Read 1747 times)
eleni_131618
GCU Newbies
artist

Did GCUniverse change your life?
Jul 10th, 2007, 2:29pm

Hey guys,  

I'm looking to write up a little something of my own and would love to hear your personal stories about how the site has given you an outlet for your art, made you smile, or impressed the heck out of your family and friends. Did having your card posted on the site lead to something exciting for your artwork? I'm open to hearing all these things and more and I might feature you! So email me at eleni@bigdates.com or respond on this forum if you don't mind sharing and help me out. It will be appreciated emmensely!  

Eleni   Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Re: Did GCUniverse change your life?
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2007, 4:38am

I can't say that GCU has changed my life, but it has given me a unique opportunity to reach an (American) audience for my illustration work that I wouldn't otherwise be able to connect with. I've been a professional artist since 1994, working mainly in acrylics/ink. Making hand-drawn illustrations for GCU cards has not only allowed me to make a little money (hopefully more in the future as we continue to grow), it has helped me hone and refine my illustration style.

Corrie
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/corrieweb
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
B. Elizabeth_131463
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2007, 11:20am

Eleni, I send you an e-mail  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Cara_131386
artist

Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2007, 3:13pm

Not as of yet Shocked But I am waiting for my ship to come in!  On a more serious note, I have to say that I just love Greeting Card Universe.  I fell in love with GCU when I joined back in march.  Every single card that I sell gives me a great feeling, that people would want to buy my cards, to give to a special person in their life Smiley  I just love that!

Thank you,
Perlyyyy

Email   IP Logged
Kerra_131306
artist

Reply #4 - Sep 23rd, 2007, 7:33pm

I have to tell you that GCU really DID change my perspective on greeting card sales....I just sold my 219th card--and wow!  What a surprise!  

Sales were, well, basically non-existant---and I thought, what the heck?  I'll just keep fine tuning them, their designs and inside text and profiles until I can get 'just one' to sell.  Suddenly--there the sales were--woohoo!

I'm still marketing quite a bit---on art forums and such for exposure---trying to get my name out there so that I can at least get people to come and look---you never know!

I've just recently been contacting other sites for cross-advertising--I'll reference them if they reference me type of thing---out of 8 requests, I've had 2 pretty big websites say 'yes'!  Who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Keep creating!  You can only get better!
-Kerra

Icansketchu Paper Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/icansketchu
Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.