Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Postage costs to Canada (Read 904 times)
Lisa_131617
artist

Postage costs to Canada
Jul 5th, 2007, 6:26am

Hello GCU, I can't speak for International/Mexico postage costs but considering your 3rd party post provider does not mark up USA to USA postage, can something be done to lesson the cost from USA to Canada. I am a new GCU Artist located in Canada with plans to do a blitz notice to my customers about GCU when I have more cards listed. For those I have refered thus far, the comment is a unanimous, VERY nice BUT I wouldn't pay 90 cents for postage. I speak in particular of Canadian customers with Canadian mailing lists who would consider doing multiple mailings via GCU if the postage was not so high per. Myself included. Having cards shipped (where ship cost markup is notable) to the intended sender merely doubles or more the usual postage as the cards then need to be posted individually. As well, it lessons the convenience of doing the cards on line in the first place. Thanks kindly for any assisistance towards accomondating your neighbor & friend to the North.  Cheers, Lisa Charlton www.GreetingCardUniverse.com/LisaCharlton

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Re: Postage costs to Canada
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2007, 3:40pm

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for providing your feedback.  Unfortunately, the 90 cent postage to Canada is not something that we cannot modify at this time.  

To keep the shipping process automated and as fast as possible, our third party fulfillment partner uses two types of postage: 41 cents for cards mailed within the US, and 90 cents for cards shipped outside of the US.  

We'll be sure to pass the suggestion on to our fulfillment partner, and we'll add it to our wish list.  If you have any other suggestions or comments on the site, please let us know!

Shaun

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_131617
artist

Re: Postage costs to Canada
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2007, 6:22pm

Thank you Shaun, I appreciate that you will pass the suggestion on to your fulfillment partner. I'd be suprised if they jump at the opportunity of lowering the higher rate to Canada even though the same stamp for delivery within USA is all that is needed for postage to Canada. Perhaps over time, GCU can tally sales posted to Canada to see if the higher postage deters Canadian destination sales for GCU. In the meantime, I appreciate that lower postage to Canada has been put on the wish list. Thanks, Lisa Charlton

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.