Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Question about pricing... (Read 801 times)
Tom_131437
GCU Newbies
artist

Question about pricing...
Jun 21st, 2007, 8:11am

Hi, all--

I saw where BigDates is marketing our cards...wonderful! I wondered about the pricing of them, and hoped someone here could clarify. On the reminder-center.com site (powered by BigDates), my card is priced at $2.99. Here at GCU, it's $2.49. Is the extra 50 cents for the outside marketing costs?

Then, at Dateboxx.com (also powered by BigDates), my card is priced at $2.49.

I'm very excited by the outside marketing done on creators' behalf, and am only looking for an explanation for the pricing structure. Thanks!

Tom
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/festivus

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: Question about pricing...
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2007, 7:23pm

Quote from Tom_131437 on Jun 21st, 2007, 8:11am:
Hi, all--

I saw where BigDates is marketing our cards...wonderful! I wondered about the pricing of them, and hoped someone here could clarify. On the reminder-center.com site (powered by BigDates), my card is priced at $2.99. Here at GCU, it's $2.49. Is the extra 50 cents for the outside marketing costs?

Then, at Dateboxx.com (also powered by BigDates), my card is priced at $2.49.

I'm very excited by the outside marketing done on creators' behalf, and am only looking for an explanation for the pricing structure. Thanks!

Tom
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/festivus

Hi Tom,
We are able to change pricing on our different sites.  $2.49 is the price on all of our marketed consumer sites.  Reminder-center.com is a little different.  Clients use reminder-center.com to set up their own branded reminder service for a fee thus the different price.  We actually don't market reminder-center to reminder service end users and card buyers.

Artists earn the same commission no matter where the card is sold and at what price.

Let me know if you have any other questions.    

Mindy

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.