Is there a way of deleting unfavourable or rude comments from your cards? cry

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: Comments on cards
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2007, 4:47pm

Hello,
Artists can manage store reviews but not individual card reviews.  Let me know what's up.  If someone is misusing the feature we can remove for you.

Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Catherine_131549
artist

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2007, 12:29am

Hi Mindy,

It was more an unfavourable comments than rude, but it does beg the question:

Can anyone comment on your cards and put whatever they want? Who knows why someone would go out of their way to put an unpleasant or rude comment on but, I guess they do.  
I was wondering if there was a way you could 'vet' comments made against your store and against your cards and then either allow them to stay on the site OR delete them.

I'm all for constructive criticism, but it won't help you sell your cards and what one person likes another may not, but a negative remark isn't going to help it sell. Sad

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2007, 12:21pm

Hi Catherine,
Yes, anyone can leave a comment for a card as well as rate that card.  If they are not a logged in member they must enter a displayed verification code.  We discussed the pros and cons on allowing only members to rate & comment on cards but felt that was too limiting.

It is also beyond me why someone would want to leave negative comments if it's purely a matter of taste.  I understand if it's poor art quality, offensive or miscategorized.  But if you don't like the card, don't buy it, right?  I suspect negative comments will be few and far between.  If you feel it's left with ill will we'd be happy to remove it for you.  Just drop us an email.

As for managing storefront comments, yes, you do have control over which ones you display.  These are sent and displayed as Testimonials.  You can review and approve them under Basics >> Testimonials from your Admin Settings page.

Until we see misuse of the card comments feature it will be remain as is.  The ability to police your own ratings can be self serving.  Not to imply that you personally would take advantage of it but as a general practice it's best not to let the fox guard the hen house, as they say.   Wink

Hope that answers your questions.
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Catherine_131549
artist

Reply #4 - May 31st, 2007, 12:47am

Thanks for getting back to me Mindy. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Picture_131439
artist

Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2007, 4:36pm

about deleting comments...could someone please take care of this rather, um, strange one I just got please:

Id:51702
Title:Belated Birthday
 Customer Id: 0
Name:  
 bhe hpi-20th-b-day,1st of all u would lke to think da god,cuz olways protect u,sa tanan nga probs nga ng abot sa imo,god is olways here 4 you bhe,nga wala ya gd ka gnpabay.an sa tanan nga tials nga ng aabot sa imo,,,,,,,bhe my wishing 4 for u,,,nga nd magbg o ang felings mo sa akon,ky i nver change my felings with u bhe,,,,,2 goals ur ambistion 2 ur lyf, 2 more b-dayz to comez,more candle 2 blow,more cake 2 slize,$ 2 fnish ur studies,,$ olways good help 2 cme u bhe2x,,,,,,hpi b-day bukay,,heheheh, olways luv u bhe2x,,,,mwhaaahh!!!F
(June 19, 2007 11:46:03)

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2007, 8:48am

Hi,  
We'll have it delete.  Strange   Shocked.  Thanks for the notice.
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Picture_131439
artist

Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2007, 9:44am

Quote from Mindy on Jun 20th, 2007, 8:48am:
Hi,
We'll have it delete.  Strange   Shocked.  Thanks for the notice.
Mindy

Thanks...I agree, it was rather strange.  My only thought was someone was trying to add their message to a card they were sending.

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2007, 12:02pm

Quote from Picture_131439 on Jun 20th, 2007, 9:44am:
Thanks...I agree, it was rather strange. My only thought was someone was trying to add their message to a card they were sending.

This comment has been deleted.  

I think you're right, sounds like they were trying to add a message to the card.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.