Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Support out Troops Promotion Idea - your feedback (Read 11442 times)
Teri Francis_131425
artist

Re: Support out Troops Promotion Idea - your feedb
Reply #45 - Jun 28th, 2007, 7:27am

Yay ... I'm able to post again ... Thank you, Mindy!   Smiley

Congratulations to the GCU staff, the artists, and the buyers for putting together and driving the wonderful idea of sending cards to our troops overseas!  I come from a military family, so I know how very much it means for a soldier or sailor to receive something at "mail call."  Bravo to all who are participating in this!

The article and exposure for GCU is terrific, but from what I see on the forums and from the contributors, this is more about doing something nice for someone far from home and loved ones than it is about boosting sales ... it's very refreshing to see that kind of good will.

I'd like to send some *troops* cards, but I have a dumb question ... Does the card need to be address to an individual serving, or can we send cards to "Any Service Person" through the APO/NPO connection with GCU?  If someone can let me know, I'll be sending the cards ASAP.  THanks!

Again, congrats on this great idea ... and btw, nice to finally *meet* you, Mindy!  Thanks again for getting me back on the boards!    kiss  

Teri

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #46 - Jun 28th, 2007, 10:26am

Hi Teri,
Thanks for your comments and praise!  We appreciate it   Smiley

And you're right the exposure is great but sending our messages of support to our troops overseas is the real payback of this program.  No one is making money on these cards.

To answer your question, when you choose a Support our Troops card and move through checkout it's preaddressed to come to us.  We then reship in bulk to the USO where they get inserted into care packages and delivered.  All card messages should be generically addressed.

Hope that answers your question.

Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Jen_131266
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #47 - Jun 28th, 2007, 3:35pm

Hi folks! The press release that I sent out to local papers got picked up in our local weekly - circulation about 5,000, but it's a start  Wink

I just plugged my name into the press release template and sent it to the people Eleni suggested at several papers. Thanks for the help Elenie/GCU!

Jen
http://www.gcuniverse.com/jencosgrove

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #48 - Jun 28th, 2007, 4:28pm

That's great news, excellent job!   Enjoy being a local celebrity for a while  Cool
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
eleni_131618
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #49 - Jul 1st, 2007, 11:14pm

Great Job Jen!

PR is fun, isn't it? And hey, 5,000 circulation is not bad -- because newspapers work like good small-town gossip -- they spread the word quickly and others pick up on it, too.

Please, guys, let me know if you have any other questions about pitching!

Eleni Grin

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.