Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
Received my free sample card... (Read 5721 times)
Jim_131308
GCU Newbies
artist

Received my free sample card...
Mar 15th, 2007, 5:07am

I received the sample card offered to the artists.  

It was top quality in reproduction. The image printed slightly closer to the edge than the template but shows the importance of leaving enough gutter all around the image.

Now that I have seen that the reproduction quality of the images on an actual production piece, I can begin to upload additional designs.

My only suggestion is to put on the back panel the web address of where the card was purchased.   (www.greetingcarduniverse.com/idnamehere)   while this site os to build up one of this company's brands (the calendar site) it can also be used to build artists brands which will benefit the artist and this site as an addition to their first stated goal.

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Re: Received my free sample card...
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2007, 5:13am

One Photoshop tip to avoid getting designs cut off is to do a "stroke" around the outside of the card (I generally do a stroke of about 55) in a complimentary or contrasting color to the design. This will bleed off the edge. Of course, some designs - like photographs, for example - may not necessarily look good stroked, so this won't work for everything.  Smiley

Perhaps GCU might consider providing templates for card design, both landscape and portrait, with clearly defined guidelines for those who have trouble with calculating the amount of gutter required before cut off. That would no doubt save some image problems.

Corrie

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2007, 12:55pm

Hi!

Jim:  
We are happy to know that you are pleased with our reproduction quality  Smiley

Corrie:
A template is in the works.   This will likely include a trim line so people know what areas might be cropped.   We do recommend keeping all fine detail 1/4 inch from the edge of your images.  

For the moment, please take a look at our Photo and Image Guidelines for additional information:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/help/photo_help.asp

Are there any other guidelines that you would like to see in a template?  

Thanks,
Shaun

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2007, 1:20pm

For best results in a template, there should probably be two guidelines - a cut off or "danger" line to show where the card is most likely to be trimmed off, and a "safety" line. Any part of the design inside the "safety" line is safe and will never be affected. We use CafePress templates when designing for our shop; we can send you a sample if you like.

Corrie

Email   IP Logged
David_131259
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2007, 12:05pm

I didn't know we got a free sample card. I should read the fine print. LOL. I just added a card for one of my pieces of art I have done to see the quality. If the quality was high enough, I planned on actually creating some art especially for cards. I was blown away by how good the print actually was. I plan to submit many cards over the next few months, just because the quality is so good. Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Nia_131347
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Mar 27th, 2007, 6:53am

Ok Shaun and Mindy... I received 2 of my free card samples and OH YEAH!!! they look GREAT!!!  Grin  
I just wanted to let you know you guys are awsome!  Wink Hey and if possible I would like to also be one that tries out the Photoshop Template for test. That is if you all are still looking for people. Thanks Again!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #6 - Mar 28th, 2007, 1:40pm

Thank you for the positive and kinds words!  Love to hear it to know that we're headed in the right direction.

I'll have Shaun send you the template.

Thanks!
Mindy

PS: feel free to post any "rave reviews"  Cheesy  in our "May we Quote you?" thread under Feedback & Suggestions topic so we can use them on the site and in other marketing materials.

Email   IP Logged
Terry_131260
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #7 - Mar 29th, 2007, 7:38am

May I also get a template?
Thanks!
Terry

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #8 - Mar 29th, 2007, 12:26pm

Terry,  
I've emailed it to you the greeting card template, please let me know if you did not receive it.  

Nia,  
Your template was emailed on March 27th, please let me know if you did not receive it.  

Thanks!
Shaun

Email   IP Logged
Tanya_131398
artist

Reply #9 - Mar 29th, 2007, 1:37pm

I'm looking forward to the new template. It will be great double check some of my images to make sure they are going to work okay for the cards.

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #10 - Apr 20th, 2007, 4:00pm

Hi Everyone,

We've created a new card template based on all the feedback we received.  Thank you to everyone who tested our first template and provided suggestions   Cheesy

You can download the new template here:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/images/gcu/GCU_card_templates.zip  

The template is also available in the Images and Cards section of your Admin area, and on the Create a Card page.  

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Email   IP Logged
Picture_131439
artist

Reply #11 - Apr 20th, 2007, 5:06pm

I also got my free sample card (well, my husband did as I had it sent to him).  I chose one of our photographs that has a lot of subtle colors and textures (light reflecting on water) and it is very true to the actual photo.  We were both impressed.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #12 - Apr 23rd, 2007, 2:13pm

Glad you were pleased w/ the colors and quality  Smiley

An item on our wish list is to give you the ability to choose "Finish" on a card by card basis - glossy or matte.

Mindy

« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2007, 11:51am by Mindy »  
Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #13 - Apr 24th, 2007, 9:06am

Mindy-

I think that would be great to have an option of glossy or matte fininish on the cards.  It certainly gets my vote.

Email   IP Logged
Lynne_131303
artist

Reply #14 - May 3rd, 2007, 4:54pm

I couldn't find anything about a free sample card. I'm sure it's really obvious... so, how do I get a free card so I can congratulate you on the quality too???

Thanks,
Lynne kiss

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.