Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 
May we quote you ? (artist testimonials) (Read 18245 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

May we quote you ? (artist testimonials)
Mar 2nd, 2007, 3:54pm

We have received such wonderful praise and thanks that we'd love to quote you! Cool

Please post a comment/testimonial here about GCU that you would like us to consider using on our site and/or in misc. marketing deliverables.

Thank you!  
Mindy

« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2011, 12:06pm by Nasser_16 »  
Email   IP Logged
Jen_131266
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: May we quote you?
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2007, 5:18am

Hi - I've been meaning to offer a testimonial because I'm enjoying my GC experience, so here goes:

As a freelance artist, I'm always looking for effective ways to promote my work, so I was very pleased to learn about Greeting Card Universe. It was very easy to create my (FREE!) storefront and upload card images. And GCU support has been remarkably artist friendly and supportive.

I've told my artist friends about this site and they're as excited as I am!

Jen Cosgrove

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2007, 2:50pm

I am psyched!!!  I sold cards! AND I hadn't even put the widget on my personal site OR told any friends and relatives yet.   These were REAL customers.  As I had a number of different styles that I do on my GCU site, it's interesting to see which cards are selling...now I will put more cards of THAT style on the site.  By the way, I got my free card and am pleased with the quality.  I am quite familiar with process printing and as I thought, sometimes gong from RGB back to CMYK for print the "K" (black) can end up a little intense, but over all guys . . . GREAT JOB!  And hey, thanks for the pay increase!

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2007, 6:33am

As an artist who has been making a living from my creative work for many years, I'm absolutely thrilled to be able to bring my illustrations to a wider audience through the medium of greeting cards. Greeting Card Universe has not only made it fun and easy to design and sell my own cards, they've have also given outstanding service by listening to artist's feedback and are committed to making GCU a success - and I am certainly benefitting from that committment!

Corrie Kuipers

Email   IP Logged
Picture_131439
artist

Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2007, 2:00pm

As a relative newcomer to Print On Demand services, I am absolutely thrilled with GCU!  The ease of use, great responsiveness and advertising are superior to anything I have encountered thus far.  I had been looking for a way to use my photography (and some other art) on single greeting cards and am very happy to have found this site.  I look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with GCU!

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - May 26th, 2007, 9:43pm

Mindy and all the Great Folks at GCU-

I'd been so busy lately, hadn't even checked the site for a few days. . . and lo and behold---I'm a featured artist!!  Thank you!  . . . and with my measly 20 cards at that!  I'd like to put in a reference to my web site, but it's not quite done yet!  There just aren't enough hours in the day, huh?  

Again, thanks for the recognition. A bunch more cards coming in June!

-E

Email   IP Logged
Kerra_131306
artist

Reply #6 - Oct 5th, 2007, 3:01pm

Wink
I saw that some of the last postings in here were from the spring--but I couldn't help myself but to add one with a 'fall' perspective.  

At this point, the increase in traffic here is more than a little impressive--it's exciting!  I'm so thankful to have found you when I did--what an outlet and inspriration for creativity!  The forums are fantastic from finding helpful hints and tips to problem solving and encouragement.

A wonderfully new and innovative site--comibined with the reminder services, GCU will continue to flourish!

I can't wait to see what next spring brings...!
-Kerra
www.icansketchu.com

Email   IP Logged
John_132144
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #7 - Oct 11th, 2007, 3:47am

I would just like to add. As a new artist to the site, I just want to say that the layout and the ease of posting to the site is excellent.  Been from Ireland there is not much in the way of promoting any work. Since this is a hobby it's great to see any sales come through. 1 so far for what I consider to be not the run of the mill cards.  

Any thanks for setting up this site

Grilly

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131906
artist

Reply #8 - Oct 11th, 2007, 7:00am

Quote from John_132144 on Oct 11th, 2007, 3:47am:
I would just like to add. As a new artist to the site, I just want to say that the layout and the ease of posting to the site is excellent.  Been from Ireland there is not much in the way of promoting any work. Since this is a hobby it's great to see any sales come through. 1 so far for what I consider to be not the run of the mill cards.

Any thanks for setting up this site

Grilly

Hi John....

I just checked out your cards...too funny....I love them!!! great stuff...what a great sense of humour!!!

Cheers
Diana

Email   IP Logged
John_132144
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #9 - Oct 11th, 2007, 8:14am

Thanks a million Diane. I like your store too, an excellent body of work.  As the film says " If you create it,  the sales will come"

Cheers

Grilly

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131906
artist

Reply #10 - Oct 13th, 2007, 7:12am

Thanks for popping by John....It is so much fun to come up with new cards!!!
love it!!!!

I love GCU....great place with great people!!!

Cheers
Diana

Email   IP Logged
Kerra_131306
artist

Reply #11 - Oct 13th, 2007, 7:19am

Quote from Diana_131906 on Oct 13th, 2007, 7:12am:
I love GCU....great place with great people!!!

Cheers
Diana

Diana--I just took a look at your cards and they are very appealing.  I like how you've modified the images to fit in with different occastions--smart!  

Keep up the great work!  

-Kerra

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131906
artist

Reply #12 - Oct 13th, 2007, 4:42pm

Hi Kerra,

Thanks for checking out my cards and making the wonderful comment.....The more cards the better....everyone has their own taste and little differences may appeal to someone....I am having a blast creating cards and when they sell it fuels the production of more...more more....lol

You have some wonderful cards in your shop!!! Keep making more !!! and make sure you make subtle changes with the same image....

Cheers and Happy card designing and selling!!!

Diana

Email   IP Logged
Ellie_132541
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #13 - Nov 17th, 2007, 7:04am

I have been looking for something that I could do Now, that would generate income in years to come, hopefully art related.  I think GCU is that thing!!  I believe that online Greeting Card sales, like everything else, is going to be the future!!  

So, I want to say "Thank YOU", GCU!!  I think we are going to have a long and Happy relationship!

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #14 - Nov 20th, 2007, 4:57am

I am so glad Teri Francis helped me decide to sign on here.  As a young person, I always wanted to be an artist of some sort.  But an art teacher discouraged me greatly as to any ability I had in that area. For years I have gone from one hobby to another, seeking my niche in the art world.  I have tried watercolors, acrylics, quilting,poetry,mosaics,sketching and photography just to name a few.   My patient husband has funded more than one project only to have my discouragement take over and toss aside another venture.

My dad gave me a love for photography.  My hubby a geek, provided technology and off I went on another artistic foray.  This time it took root.   As a mom, having already turned 50 and realizing its now or never, I launched into stock photography, designing business cards and then joined here at GCU.

Ironically as a teenager, choosing greeting cards for others , I used to dream of the day when my images would be the ones on the cards.  That someone would choose my artwork and words to cheer another persons day.  And Lo and behold that day has arrived.  A dream has been fulfilled.  Not every one gets to say that in their lifetime.  Thanks Teri, thanks to my dad, who passed away this year, thanks to my sweet husband ,thanks Greeting Card Universe.  Most importantly I must thank my Lord for being the creative spirit inside me, that not only placed the desire in my heart but brought it to full fruition. I may have  allowed my  art teacher  to discourage me but it was merely a delay....   Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But desire fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12

« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2007, 10:25am by DENISE_132110 »  
Email   IP Logged
Leta_132779
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #15 - Dec 19th, 2007, 3:32pm

Mindy,  

What a wonderful site I found  by searching for greeting cards myself.  We are an established photography firm on the east coast of the USA.  We enjoy moments we spend with children through adults and hope to offer a full scale of work for others to share their feelings through greeting cards.
Thanks for a wonderful site which is definately user friendly.

Regards,
Sweetgrass Photography

Sweetgrass Photography Card Shope:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/sweetgrass
Email   IP Logged
Alyss_133019
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #16 - Jan 25th, 2008, 10:25am

hi

maybe this is the wrong place to post this but I don't see anywhere else better;  I am new and while I like the site and I had 180 hion my cards, I have not  
sold any    can someone please explain what I have done wrong, or not done; my images are good quality, but it seems they are not working.  Thank you!  Alyss Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #17 - Jan 25th, 2008, 12:11pm

Quote from Alyss_133019 on Jan 25th, 2008, 10:25am:
hi

maybe this is the wrong place to post this but I don't see anywhere else better; I am new and while I like the site and I had 180 hion my cards, I have not
sold any can someone please explain what I have done wrong, or not done; my images are good quality, but it seems they are not working. Thank you! Alyss Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes

Welcome!
This topic is only for statements you'd like to make that we can use as formal quotes in our marketing activities/efforts.

Take a look at this recent thread:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1199637155/12#12

Email   IP Logged
Nicole_131576
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #18 - Mar 14th, 2008, 10:33pm

Quote from Mindy on Mar 2nd, 2007, 3:54pm:
We have received such wonderful praise and thanks that we'd love to quote you! Cool

Please post a comment/testimonial here about GCU that you would like us to consider using on our site and/or in misc. marketing deliverables.

Thank you!
Mindy

Hi!

Greeting Card Universe has a user-friendly environment.  

I personally love the choice of categories not necessarily found in other places! Because the site is focusing on greeting-cards only it is less distracting to users (probably buyers too) and actually does generate sales!  Smiley Great to be on board!

Best regards,
Nicole L Marques

Email   IP Logged
Wendy_132744
artist

Reply #19 - Mar 21st, 2008, 5:38pm

It's so great to know that you really do look at the cards  
and do your best to help us all out.
I made a card; 168387 but could not find a "good luck in your new home" category to put it in.  I just put it in as "good luck - other" in the end; and there it would have stayed.  Possibly overlooked and missed by buyers looking for such a card.

but thank you all for your help YOU then put it in  
"occasions - congratulations - new home" for me.
I know of NO other site that looks after us artists the way YOU do.

Email   IP Logged
Sandy_132125
artist

Reply #20 - May 5th, 2008, 3:13am

Morning Mindy,
I just discovered this forum and yes you may quote me!
I have been member on numerous art sites. SomeI have paid to join. This was the first site I sold anyof my art from. I have been impressed with the communication and the amount of activity in my store. Thank you for taking the time to create such an inviting atmosphere for buyers and sellers alike!
Sincerely, and creatively!
Sandy!

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #21 - Jun 14th, 2008, 8:42pm

Mindy,
I would like to offer a testimonal for GCU.  
GCU has been nothing short of a small miracle for me.  I was disabled nearly 7 years ago.  I lost a lot...from 'The Job of My Dreams!', my love of hiking and running, and simple things like sleeping in a tent, camped out on our favoirte lake in the wilds, chasing the grandkids and even playing my beloved piano by the hour.  But slowly, I learned how to live with the discomfort and with my new restrictions.  And I learned to see more of what I CAN do than what I CANNOT do.  The computer (which I loathed in its inception) has been a life saver for me.  No longer able to walk the shopping malls, I mail order.  Email keeps me in contact with old friends and new.  And opens up a world of information to me, without a trip to the library.  Two of my old loves, whom I never used to have enough time for, have come to share my life; namely Photography and Writing (poetry and prose).  I write stories and novels, self-help booklets, materials for children and adults.  I write music--again of many different genres.  I started designing and making my own Greeting Cards......What a lot of work!  ...  Then I found GCU.  Amazing!  I use my photographs and verses to upload a card into my site within minutes, and usually have it up for sale within 24 hours....It is so easy....There is a whole community of folks, artists and administrators alike, who give freely of their time, advice, and encouragement.  And my cards are SELLING!  How rewarding... I now have about 550 cards in my store and adding more almost daily.  My life has an exciting and fulfilling element that had been missing for a while.  I feel whole again.  Thank you GCU....Oh and a PS...I almost forgot...the cards!  They are top notch---SUPER quality! They do me proud.
Kudos to GCU!
Quote from Mindy on Mar 2nd, 2007, 3:54pm:

Thank you!  
Mindy

Email   IP Logged
David_134612
artist

Reply #22 - Sep 22nd, 2008, 3:35pm

I am a new artist on GCU and just received my first cards from GCU and was very impressed with the entire experience. As an artist I am very picky and demand the best or I walk away. GCU delivers !

I just received my first order from GCU.
I was not sure anyone could live up to my standards, but GCU  surpassed my hopes and dreams with their greetingcarduniverse.com cards.  

It was easy to order on GCU and the cost was reasonable.
I ordered 2 cards that were tough to print because of saturated colors and I wanted to be sure they printed OK.

Delivery was very quick and my first surprise. Most priority orders take longer to receive. I ordered my first cards late Thursday night, and it shipped next day-Friday and  arrived on monday.    

When I opened the cards I was shocked to see a new beauty I had not seen
 The colors were vibrant, blacks, oranges and red were rich. The thick glossy paper stock gave it a polished look and feel. I had printed the design before but it never looked so good.

Email   IP Logged
Teri Francis_131425
artist

Reply #23 - Oct 7th, 2008, 11:07pm

GCU comes through when you need just the right card for a special occasion!

Needed a wedding card for last weeked ... on very short deadline, I ordered the card on Monday morning and it arrived on Thursday morning!  The print quality and the colors were BEAUTIFUL!!!  The bride and her family loved the card and got a big kick out of it being personalized just for the happy couple.   Smiley

Thank you for the terrific customer service and for making sure the card arrived in plenty of time, as well as for a card that delighted the recipients!  

I love GCU ! ! !   kiss  kiss  kiss

Teri

ps ... Special thanks to Mindy -- you sure made me look good to "his" family on this one!   Wink

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #24 - Nov 7th, 2008, 7:05am

Greeting Card Universe has been a fantastic place for me to share my creativity.  I love the support here, and of course, the sales.  This is a very user friendly site and the artist community if fabulous.  I have learned more about graphic design by taking part in the "Artist Forum" than I learned when getting my Graphic Design Degree.  Three cheers for Greeting Card Universe and all the artists!  I am proud to be a part of this wonderful community.
Linda Klemanski

Email   IP Logged
Sandy_132125
artist

Reply #25 - Dec 23rd, 2008, 4:53am

Grin kiss
Good Morning GCU!!! I am so excited. I finally ordered some of my cards with photographs in the design for Christmas . I was so impressed with the professional quality and excited to see my work in print in such a wonderful way!
Thank you for the excellent job!...wish i would have ordered sooner!! and now I am excited to order a print of all of my favorite art when I can!
Thank you again! for doing a wonderful job!
Sandy!

Email   IP Logged
Mary__137064
Gold Member
artist

Reply #26 - Jun 25th, 2009, 7:45am

Greeting Card Universe is a great example of high technology at it's best,
with so many useful features.  GCU makes buying, selling, and displaying
of my cards very easy, too. High quality printing, assurance that cards are
sent out quickly and correctly, along with the excellent support team, have
made my experiences here as an artist and buyer better than I could have
ever imagined.  

Many thanks, GCU!

Bright

Bright's Greeting Card Boutique:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/Bright
Email   IP Logged
Nan_137018
artist

Reply #27 - Jun 25th, 2009, 5:14pm

I'm new to GCU, but I am so delighted to have found a website that offers such flexibility.  The great thing about this card company is it is so custom-friendly for the customer.  The option for the customer to insert their own message sets GCU aside from the competition.   But the biggest plus for choosing GCU is that the customer can have GCU send that customized card directly to their recipient for only the cost of a .44 stamp!  Now you can't get any more user-friendly than that.  It is a perfect venue for my artwork which is watercolor paintings.  The flat rate of $2.79 for all cards makes it much easier for me as a shopkeeper, because I know it is an affordable price for my customers in these harsh economic times. Thank you GCU for making my life easier.
Nan Wright

Email   IP Logged
Stephanie_138388
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #28 - Dec 3rd, 2009, 10:03am

Hi!  I am a newbie here but just wanted to say I love GCU!  The card quality exceeded my expectations, not just in card stock but in color transfer.  Absolutely beautiful.  I love reading the posts and shopping for cards too, there are so many amazing artists.  Very inspiring! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Randall_140313
Gold Member
artist

Re: May we quote you ? (artist testimonials)
Reply #29 - Mar 24th, 2011, 8:03pm

Guess I'll throw my two bucks worth in here.  Used to be two cents worth, but that expression was coined back so many years ago when two cents could actually buy something!   Grin

I've been a member since February 2010 and though I haven't knocked the cover off the ball yet, I'm having a blast creating cards, sharing my artistic talent with some even more talented photographers and artists and feeling like I've aquired a whole, new, beautiful family!

The support of the GCU staff is a refreshing breeze from other sites out there as they make you feel like you are part of the team and partners in this venture rather than just an artist getting soaked by a company strictly for their profit.  They listen to our concerns, jump in on our forum clarifying issues and bend over backwards to help us be successful.  You dig in here and are guaranteed to feel like everyone is down in the trench, shovel in hand, working right along side you.  What a wonderful concept!  

Thank you, EVERYONE at GCU!  

Email   IP Logged
Angela_151919
Gold Member
artist

Reply #30 - Jun 8th, 2011, 12:33am

I have just started to sell my cards & the feedback I have had about the printing quality etc is brilliant!
Yesterday, I was able to get a look at one and I have to agree, they are just great.
Thnak you GCU!
Inkflo

Email   IP Logged
Cindy_152495
Gold Member
artist

Reply #31 - Jul 12th, 2011, 12:31pm

Being an artist at GCU, I feel like I have endless opportunities to do whatever kind of artwork I want since there are so many categories to create for.  The quality of my cards is top-notch.  And the support and network help at GCU and GCUCommunity are truly remarkable.  With GCU, making cards is a delight!

Cindy
www.ilovecuttables.com

Email   IP Logged
Teri_179461
artist

Reply #32 - Aug 21st, 2011, 1:12pm

WOW - I ordered one of my own cards to check the printing quality - and I am so impressed!  My card has gradients and blends and the excellent printing quality rivals that of those I see at all the retail stores (resolution is excellent!).  Thank you for your commitment to excellence.  Your pricing is very competitive and your delivery of my card in a mailer - all was quality!

I also wanted to thank you for selecting one of my cards as Design of the Day last week - what an honor - I appreciate your support!  With that encouragement - I am uploading a whole new set for you to review! And thankyou to the artists who responded with testimonials - everyone here is wonderful and I feel that you have created a system that allows for all types of communication and is very easy to use - as well as being technologically state of the art.  

I am so happy to be a part of your online card creations!    

Teri Nelson Kuster - Che Bella Nota
(and yes - you may quote me!!!)

Email   IP Logged
Norma_133903
artist

Reply #33 - Nov 15th, 2011, 10:20am

Austin,  
A lot of us think the reviewers are doing a great job. We do not want the site to get the reputation of accepting and selling any old rubbish, like another POD I could name!
Posting this message in every forum is just plain annoying. If you want to communicate with CGU I suggest you send an email.

Email   IP Logged
Austin_133058
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #34 - Nov 15th, 2011, 11:24am

If they would respond to my email then I wouldn't need to post in here.Quote from Norma_133903 on Nov 15th, 2011, 10:20am:
Austin,
A lot of us think the reviewers are doing a great job. We do not want the site to get the reputation of accepting and selling any old rubbish, like another POD I could name!
Posting this message in every forum is just plain annoying. If you want to communicate with CGU I suggest you send an email.

Email   IP Logged
KC_141411
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #35 - Nov 15th, 2011, 1:03pm

Austin,

Did you email the review team directly? I would be more than happy to bring to their attention that you are patiently waiting for a response.  

Kindest regards,

KC

Email   IP Logged
Austin_133058
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #36 - Nov 15th, 2011, 1:56pm

I did. Thanks KC
Quote from KC_141411 on Nov 15th, 2011, 1:03pm:
Austin,

Did you email the review team directly? I would be more than happy to bring to their attention that you are patiently waiting for a response.

Kindest regards,

KC

Email   IP Logged
Tanya_135475
Gold Member
artist

Reply #37 - Nov 21st, 2012, 4:29am

Well I just received my first Christmas cards for our local farm shop...

The quality of print before was super and the envelopes good quality also,
but this time the quality of print was AMAZING! and the envelopes were
STUNNING and very thick, I was so so pleased with them, they seem to go
from good to SUBLIME thank you GCU and the printer who ships out super
fast to the UK thank you thank you!

huge happy hugs
Moonie

Email   IP Logged
Cynthia_217641
GCU Newbies

Reply #38 - Mar 13th, 2013, 8:45pm

GCU seems like it can be a wonderful opportunity to be a part of an artist community, inspiring the public with an opportunity to express images and thoughts through the art medium of greeting cards.

Cynthia Singleton, Author & Photographer:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/CynthiaSingleton
Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.