Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Copyright notice on artwork (Read 1473 times)
Ex Member

Copyright notice on artwork
Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:41am

I read on another post that the back of the card will be generic, as least for the time being. Therefore, no copyright notice to indicate ownership of the artwork.

For maximum legal protection, I want to display a copyright symbol and my name. Would the only option be to discretely include it with the cover art? Or perhaps somehow inside the card?

-- PJ Ryan Huh

IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: Copyright notice on artwork
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2007, 11:33am

Hi PJ,
Correct the back of the card image is a single generic image to be used for all cards.  

For now the only place for you to address copyrights is on the front of the card.  You could put this in the image by credits that you create with each card.  ie: "Copyright: PJ Ryan"

Email   IP Logged
Karen_131257
artist

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2007, 1:49am

Hi
Maybe the option of actually adding a discreet personal copyright to the actual image before using on the card, I do this on my photography and wondered about doing so on my cards too, more unique to the artist that way.  
I haven`t done so as yet but wondered what the general opinion would be?
Karen
www.greetingcarduniverse.com/Rainbow

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2007, 8:13am

Hi there!

We always put our copyright notice on our cards when we're creating them in Photoshop rather than use the "Image By" option offered by GCU because it gives us much more control over the placement.

Corrie
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/corrieweb
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.