Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 
Image Security - Watermark (Read 10530 times)
Kerra_131306
artist

Re: Image Security - Watermark
Reply #30 - Sep 28th, 2007, 3:34am

Quote from Mindy on Sep 27th, 2007, 4:20pm:

Not sure what you mean by "over" or "under" the image.  When the image is watermarked we actually alter the image and save it as a new file so the watermark is physically part of the image.  

Mindy

Thanks, Mindy--I wasn't sure if the watermark was on the 'paper' then the image went on top--or....wait, I'm a little slow--I guess that doesn't make any sense since they're not physically laid on top like a projector sheet...

doh!
-Kerra

Icansketchu Paper Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/icansketchu
Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: Image Security - Watermark
Reply #31 - Sep 28th, 2007, 3:15pm

Quote from Kerra_131306 on Sep 28th, 2007, 3:34am:
Quote from Mindy on Sep 27th, 2007, 4:20pm:

Not sure what you mean by "over" or "under" the image.  When the image is watermarked we actually alter the image and save it as a new file so the watermark is physically part of the image.  

Mindy

Thanks, Mindy--I wasn't sure if the watermark was on the 'paper' then the image went on top--or....wait, I'm a little slow--I guess that doesn't make any sense since they're not physically laid on top like a projector sheet...

doh!
-Kerra

No problem  Wink  The term "watermark" itself of course is from the paper industry and traditionally was part of the paper.  The offical term online is a Digital Watermark.

A brief read if you're interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_watermark

So, we display the digitally watermarked image online and when it comes time to print a card we use the unaltered, original image.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.