Taking a cruise on your vacation has become more popular than ever. These days, you can find a cruise liner and itinerary to fit every individual, family and lifestyle, taking you to exotic destinations or fun ports of call around the world.
To make sure your cruise vacation stays fun, not frustrating, here are five tips for Staying Cool on a Cruise:
- Bring a supply of aspirin (or Tylenol), anti-nausea and anti-diarrhea medicine, sea sickness patches, decongestant, cough syrup or cold tablets (if your destination has a cold climate), sunblock, as well as extra batteries for all electronic devices. These things are available on board the ship, but they’re expensive.
- Don’t forget to notify your credit card companies (including your bank if you plan on using a debit card) that you’ll be traveling, otherwise the company might freeze your cards due to “suspicious activity.”
- If you’re taking children along, don’t assume the cruise includes babysitting/child care services. Ask before you schedule your trip. Bring the kids’ favorite books, games, video games, etc. to combat boredom if they have to stay any length of time in the cabin.
- Save suitcase space by packing basic, neutral colored outfits that can be easily accessorized and worn more than once. If you plan to go on excursions, or attend formal dinners or themed events, bring appropriate clothing.
- Carry all toiletries on-board with you. Luggage gets stacked when it’s being loaded into the ship. If your suitcase is on the bottom, there’s a possibility the bottles will break and make a mess.
More tips for making sure your cruise is enjoyable can be found at Cruise Knowledge.
If you know someone who’s going on a cruise, wish them “Bon Voyage” by sending a greeting card to let them know they’ll be missed while they’re away, or to wish them good luck and oodles of fun. Planning a Bon Voyage party? At Greeting Card Universe, we’ve got the right invitations to make your farewell get-together a smash!
What Are People Saying About Greeting Card Universe:
“Amazing quality, price and timing. I ordered on the Sunday before 4th July Monday. My invitations arrived on Wed. July 6th. I was so very pleased with the entire order beginning to end.” Marlene – July 13th, 2011